cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lautarojoaqn
Journeyman III

RYZEN 5600G TEMPERATURE

Hello, good afternoon, I hope you can solve my doubt, my ryzen 5600g processor (using integrated graphics), when playing, reaches 65º(celcius) degrees and on days when it is a little hotter it has a peak of 72-74, I want to know if That temperature is normal.

0 Likes
9 Replies
TR2
Adept III

We are gonna need a few things. What kind of CPU cooler are you using. What kind of case and how many fans and what size? Did you apply thermal paste as opposed to preinstalled and what kind? Where did you get your readings (UEFI, HwINfo, CPU-Z...)? Are these temps load or idle? The Ryzen 5 5600G has a load temp of 59-64 C under load. A little hot but within the tolerances. Sorry for the quiz but all those things affect cooling. Things to try: reapply thermal paste and reset CPU cooler, notice how your case fans are oriented-there should be a flow in and out of the case, is the case enclosed in a cabinet, get readings from more than one source. The more power a chip uses the higher the temp so when you add a GPU to the dye it creates added heat. I have a Ryzen 5 3400g in an HTPC and it gets pretty warm and add the fact that its in a cabinet really makes its heat noticeable under load. On my ryzen 5 3500X in UEFI it reads temps of 38 C at idle and in HwINfo it reads 28 C at idle. Not sure why there is such a variance but it is something to note.

Sorry CPU-Z does not monitor temp. Core Temp, Speccy,  and Speed Fan all do.

0 Likes

hello, thanks for answering, to cool the cpu I use the stock cooler (stealth wraith cooler), I have a single fan in the back area in a mid tower (aerocool bionic), the stock cooler had pre-applied thermal paste, not the change, the temperature readings were made with MSI AFTERNURNER, the processor at rest reaches a peak of 50 ° celcius and playing a maximum of 73 ° celcius. It's not the end of the pasta because I bought it from the processor 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes

I come here for the same question, found this thread from search engine.

So apparently around 70-75°C is normal full load temperature for Ryzen 5 5600G, that because the base clock is high 3.9 Ghz and can boost up to 4.4 Ghz, and VCore get 1.35V at under full load.

So this is normal (Auto OC/AMD PBO) temperature, and I can say Ryzen 5 5600G run cooler at that Clockspeed and VCore. I have Ryzen 5 2500 that get 85°C if run manual OC at 4.0Ghz and VCore 1.35V.

Ryzen 5 5600G have maximum throttling tempeature at 95°C.

0 Likes
Kordoi
Journeyman III

So I am using Ryzen 5 5600g with the stock cooler. I have a mid tower from AntEsports with 3 front fans and 1 back fan, all pre installed. I am using Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC motherboard with (2*4)16GB DDR4 RAM(Dual channel) from XPG. As for memory I have got 256GB SATA SSD and 1TB HDD. All supported by a 650W PSU. This is my first PC Build and it is new(3 weeks). I have not done any kind of overclocking yet because I am looking for tips of how to do online. I am mostly playing small games right now, until I get a dedicated GPU.

Today I played Frostpunk and in medium settings, the CPU usage is 14-15% and GPU of the 5600g is 99-100%, heating at 54 degree celcius. Games like Left For Dead 2  shows similar results. So how much temperature is safe, like totally safe for the 5600g? And also, if I do gaming for long hours at lets say, 70 degree celcius, will it be OK? Cuz I am thinking of starting to play Valorant.

If you have read till here, I really appreciate it. Any kind of help would be nice. Thank you for your time. 

0 Likes

Even at 80C, your CPU will be fine, you could try reapplying it if it worries you, but the thermal paste is non-conductive so the leaking won’t matter and the temps will probably stay the same anyway. Continue monitoring your CPU temps, and don’t kill the benchmark before it finishes, maybe the temps will stabilize around 80-85. The CPU has built in safeguards to protect against overheating damage so it’s not like you’re gonna break anything. I have an i5-9600K and it routinely gets up to 85C under load with my terrible cooler and it’s been that way for years without problems

julian67
Journeyman III

I think 80 is fine.  Currently I'm using ffmpeg to transcode video on my 5600G.  All cores are in use and working hard, mostly around 80% with some occasionally hitting 100, and the cpu frequency exceeds 4GHz and the temp is 84 degrees C.  AMD specify the max temp as 95 so if it's working at max real world load and hitting 84 I'm not worried.  And the PC is still perfectly responsive and usable for other tasks.  I'm not using the stock cooler but a Gelid BlackFrore as it is very quiet.

psycopper
Journeyman III

Using Cinebench R23, core temp and hardware monitor, I'm hitting temps of 93 degrees Celcius, Using 5600g, stealth wraith cooler, mid-tower case, 3 fans front, and 1 rear, stock thermal paste.  Will try to replace thermal paste and reseat the processor. Will update the result.

0 Likes
bluegoon
Adept I

It's currently over 30c outside here in South Africa, no air-conditioning inside, using a fan only.

Ryzen 5600G 

Noctua NH-U12A 120mm NH-U12A CPU Air Cooler

NZXT H710i E-ATX Mid Tower CA-H710i-B1 Computer Case

Around 36-40 in "idle''', I'm watching YouTube on Windows 10, and when running benches, I can't get it over 60 degrees Celsius, trying to figure out why.

Who said air cooling is dead!

0 Likes