Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zonezero
Adept I

Ryzen 5500 not working

Good morning.

I recently bought a ryzen 5500, but there is no way to make it go on a gigabyte ab350 gaming 3.

Anyone else have the same problem?

5 Replies

Check to see if you have BIOS version F52 newer installed. If you have a BIOS Version older than F52 that is why it isn't booting up since it isn't supported by your motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Screenshot 2022-06-11 234746.png

0 Likes

I'm already at the f52g version. I read on the net that it seems like a common problem with cezanne cpu with this mainboard

0 Likes
ABREGUR2011
Journeyman III

I same problem!!! update bios and Ec but it doesn't work, it doesn't give video. the time it gives video and can start the system it shows me that the ryzen 5500 has 4 cores.

did you find any solution?

0 Likes

The cezanne cpu family have major compatibility problems with the b350 / x370 chipsets (especially with gigabyte mainboards). I solved it by buying a new asus b450 mainboard. (From experience, no more Gigabytes). Very disappointed with amd tech support

0 Likes
MurbiesWalto
Adept I

The 5500 isn’t terrible, but its performance is only slightly better than the last-gen 3600. It has a much lower performance ceiling than the only marginally more expensive 5600. If the 5500 is adequate for your needs, then go for it. Again, it’s not a terrible chip. It can game and do real work just fine. It’s just not the best value compared to the 5600 in terms of performance or longevity.

0 Likes