cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TMSY
Adept I

Ryzen 5500 / Cezanne CPUs unstable Infinity Fabric causing audio issues

Since upgrading to an RTX 3060 Ti, I have been experiencing random channel swap with my Sound Blaster Z.

After a week of testing, I have found that despite being able to handle high memory frequencies, Ryzen Cezanne's Infinity Fabric is unstable when FCLK is greater than 1200. This causes audio crackling and, in the case of Sound Blaster products, channel swapping. This issue can be easily replicated by simply opening a video in the background and scrolling through a PDF with images in Edge.

Please AMD, find a solution for this problem.

PC Configuration :
Ryzen 5 5500
MSI B350M Gaming Pro w/ Agesa 1.2.0.7 bios
2x8Gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz CL16
RTX 3060 Ti FE
Sound Blaster Z
Fractal Ion+ 560P

0 Likes
12 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

TMSY, this is a user forum. Please contact Online Support here. Have you tried to separate memory clock from fabric clock? Here's mine, its call Coupled Mode

RM-Memory.png

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I've tried separate the memory clock from the FCLK. I've also noticed that this doesn't happen if the RAM is in single channel, so it's either a BIOS/Agesa issue or a design issue.

0 Likes

Thanks, TMSY, what was the results at setting the fabric clock to say 1100 MHz and the memory clock to 2000, then memory to 1600 MHz? Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). Did you install the latest AMD drivers? It also could be a Main Board problem. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I've tried with the values you gave me, and the results are in line with what I've observed. In dual channel, if the ram is under 2133/2400 MHz, everything works fine.

All my drivers are up to date. It might be a motherbaord problem, but I've seen other users with similar builds reporting the same issue with motherboards from other manufacturers.

Here are some Ryzen Master screenshot with and without 1:1 FCLK. On those my CPU OC is enabled, but I had the same results with PBO disabled.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-23 202843.png

Capture d’écran 2023-01-23 202642.png

  

0 Likes

Is your RAM listed to be compatible with your Ryzen CPU?

Otherwise I let you keep on troubleshooting with the other User (-:.

0 Likes

Yes it is.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-23 205514.png

0 Likes

Okay Thanks for the update.

Strange that MSI Support doesn't have a QVL List for RAM MEMORY for your Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-GAMING-PRO/support#cpu

Screenshot 2023-01-18 214124.png

But it seems like your motherboard doesn't support Overclocking the RAM for your specific  RAM part number. Here is the specs on your Motherboard:

Normally the QVL list will show if your RAM part number is supported for Overclocking or not.

Since you can only go as high as 2400Mhz (FCLK 1200Mhz) suggest possibly your motherboard doesn't support overclocking that specific RAM part number.

still sounds like a BIOS issue since in BIOS settings is where you set the Memory to be overclocked.

I suggest you open a MSI Support ticket and see if your RAM can be overclocked or not since they don't have a QVL List to go by.

You are correct that even at Crucial Ram Part Number shows to be 100% compatible:

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do some research.

I should have add to my original post that I've also tried this motherboard and ram combo with a 1600 AF with 1600 FCLK/3200 RAM with no issue, so I don't think the motherboard itself is to blame.
I do remember seeing a RAM compatibility list on the MSI page for this board listing some Crucial B-die modules, but maybe they removed it when removing the presentation page.

I'm already in contact with MSI for a minor bios issue, and updated them on this one. I hope this could be solved with a new bios, as this problem is quite frustrating as it happen every 5min in certain games.

The problem I see is that even though the RAM worked correctly with the 1600AF doesn't mean it will work or be 100% compatible with the 5000 series processor.

Anyway to me, in my opinion, still sounds like a BIOS update issue concerning the new 5000 series processors.

Anyway can you post what MSI Support says about your issue. It should be interesting unless it is the standard scripted reply.

Otherwise I don't have any other suggestions at this point.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Thanks.

I will post an update if this issue is resolved. For now, they say it might take a little more time than usual to investigate because of Chinese new year.

0 Likes

Thanks, TMSY. What I think is required is to get your system back into Default settings. The only way I know to do this completely is to do a fresh install of Windows including formatting the C: disk. After installation, install all AMD drivers from here and Ryzen Master from here. Install nothing else unless it is absolutely required to run. Then please run RM and post screenshots of Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench R23. Please only screenshots of RM and do not cut off anything.  If you will use the Camera icon to post the images they are much clearer. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I noticed that you needed to install the latest MSI BETA BIOS version that ends in 2P3(BETA) to be able to use your Ryzen 5500 CPU.

Sounds more like a BIOS issue than anything else. The BETA BIOS might still have some bugs in it concerning the FCLK settings.

So I would open a MSI SUPPORT Ticket and see if they have another BIOS you can install besides the BETA one and see  if it resolves your issue or not.

Also I would open a NVIDA SUPPORT ticket at the same time in case it is the Nvidia driver affecting the Audio.

Also a Support Ticket for Sound Blaster since in the past some users were having issues with Sound Blaster PCI card audio.

Here is the last Creative Sound Blaster Driver for Windows 10/11: https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=1005&prodID=21402&prodNam...

In Windows Sound Panel what does your default Audio Device is shown to be?  Using which HD AUDIO driver?

If your PC Speakers are connected to the GPU card through your Monitor then it will be using Nvidia VGA Driver unless you changed the default speakers in Windows Sound Panel.

0 Likes