Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crayraven
Elite

Ryzen 5000 series- minimum processor state

Hey all,

What should the minimum processor state be set to for the Ryzen 5000 series? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies

I'm not OCing, so Windows balanced power plan nothing to change.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Check the minimum processor state on whatever your current power plan is.

I have done 4 AMD builds in the past couple of years and with a clean install Windows chose a 90% minimum processor state on two of the 4 installs.    This made it almost impossible for the processor to ramp down.

0 Likes

I read that if its below 99% then Windows will try control the downclocking itself. But if you have the minimum set to 99% then the Ryzen cpu itself handles the downclocking. I set mines to 99% just to see what happens. Its sort of interesting. Hwmonitor & Hwinfo64 shows that the clocks are stuck at 3.6ghz until they boost. But Ryzen master shows them hitting 200mhz or below and most of them sleeping. I don't think any non ryzen master is accurate when it comes to reading the clock speeds.

Update:

I put my vcore back on auto. When I did this before I would crash within 15mins while playing a game. But with my minimum processor state set to 99% it hasn't given the whea 18 bsod. I'll keep you guys updated. 

0 Likes