cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vlitvinov
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5000 is out of stock

You announced the start of sales of the ryzen 5000, but none of the stores on your website has them.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Because between low stock, bots, scalpers, and high demand, they sold out.

0 Likes

So you claiming some retailers had them in stock at the launch date here in Russia? Obviously, that wasn't the case, I mean zero availability from 4 afforementioned shops since 2pm GMT 05 nov till now, so it perfectly fits "paper launch" definition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

None of us here are AMD employees this is a USER TO USER assisted forum so none of us have any idea what stock was available now or back on launch day. 

I can tell you here in the USA that there was a decent amount of stock for a launch at retail as I know a few people that waited in line at retailers and did purchase them. However that stock depleted very quickly. Within a couple hours they were out of stock everywhere. 

No idea what was available in Russia. 

You best bet if you want one is to contact retailers in your region. Each retailer may have their own way of dealing with the sales from preorders to first come first sever in person purchases only. You will just have to do some leg work and find out what is available to you.

Here in the USA it is really hard to get a lot of computer related hardware. PSU, CPU and GPU are really hard to find the more desirable models. I have not seen anything above a RTX 2060 in a couple months and right now you can't even get them. On the AMD side only the 5700 series seems to be in stock.

So between the new tech normally being desirable and the extra demand for computer tech due to covid it is just tough to get your hands on what you want right now. 

0 Likes

Unlike you, I do have an idea what the availability was worldwide, including US ,  Not the exact numbers of course, but judging from the user reports  on tech forums, they all had a chance at least, and i'm well aware that we are all users here. What I focused on  is the difference between "no initial supply at all" and a "limited stock depleted in an hour or so". On the bright side of things, there is time for more  thoughtful decisions

0 Likes

Sadly there was maybe 10 available Canada wide.  This has been a horrible experience, and I can not fathom how AMD can tout they that are now the market leader, when in fact they have no market presence.  AMD really needs to up the amount of processors being released.  To give you an example, Amazon Canada got 0 out of the 3 models that were released.  The biggest retailer in Canada got NOTHING.  This was a horrible launch, and they should have waited till they had more stock.  All it has done is made users angry and enrich those that are scalping.

0 Likes