Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hammersmthe
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 5600x

Hi there everyone.

So i installed a new ryzen 55600x into my sons gaming pc and im receiving a "Imput signal not found'msg

I reinstalled the old one and no issues at all. RYZEN 3 2300x QUAD CORE

Tried the new one again and back to error msg.

Motherboard;ASUS PRIME B450M-A AM4

Graphics card; GeForce GTX1650 4GB.

Can anybody help pls?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Are you sure you posted the correct previous processor Ryzen 3 2300x because I don't see that processor listed on the Asus Motherboard CPU SUPPORT LIST as being compatible.

Anyways, You need BIOS Version 2409 installed on your Asus Motherboard to support and boot up with the new Ryzen 5 5600X processor.

If you haven't updated your BIOS since you got the Motherboard than most likely it has the wrong BIOS version installed to recognize and boot up with the new Ryzen 5 5600x processor.

I would install again the previous processor and update your BIOS to the latest Asus BIOS version which is 3211: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B450M-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

once you do that now install the 5600x and see if it boots up. Also when you changed processors you need to check to see if the current RAM you have installed is compatible with the 5600x processor from here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B450M-A/HelpDesk_QVL/

The QVL LIST for RAM doesn't show any 5000 series list but it does show the 3000 series list which you can use.

0 Likes
DRDOS
Adept III

Lucky man, has an old/spare CPU to update a BIOS for the newer one...

It only remains to warn here - be careful when replacing a CPU...
Depending on the thermal grease being used, a CPU lid may get stuck (very strong) to a cooler. For this reason, one of the most frequent damage a PC repair services deal with nowadays is a broken AM3/AM4 sockets.

@DRDOS 

Yes he was lucky that he was updating the processor after the PC was already working fine rather than building his own PC with new parts.

But lets see if that is really his issue that he has a old BIOS version installed that doesn't support the 5000 series processor.

If he has the proper BIOS version install and the problem persists than he needs to continue to troubleshoot the problem.

NOTE: when you mentioned about the Processor being glued to the CPU Cooler is a problem. Especially if it has been on there for a certain amount of time.

But the most common damage I have read here at AMD Forums is to the processor's pins when the processor is ripped out of the motherboard socket when trying to remove the CPU Cooler.

0 Likes

Give the cooler a twist to loosen the TIM before lifting it off the CPU.

* Not a problem with LGA sockets like Intel and Threadripper that have a bracket holding the CPU down so it's not physically possible to pull the CPU off unintentionally.  AM5 is going this route, finally.