Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DerZerstorer
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600x - Temperature Problems

Hello guys, i recently buyed this config:

Tower: Corsair Carbide Series Spec Delta RGB (4x120mm fan)

MB: Aorus b550m pro-p 

Processor: ryzen 5 5600x

CPU Cooler: ID Cooling SE914XT Basic

Ram: 32gb ddr4 3200mhz (16x2) T-force TUF Gaming

GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080

SSD m2 512gb 3400mb/s

Power: 700w 80 plus (680w real power)

i have this problem:
When i'm using the pc for gaming, the temperature gets high, i cant get any system to read the temperature but u cant touch the sides from the tower because it's heat, the only time i could test the temperature with no crash the reads was 87°c with cpu-z. I cant make work the ryzen master to see the real temperature, and the mother provided soft doesn't work, even if u upgrade the fan's speed to "max speed".

Consecuence of this, the pc gets really slow in some times, and usb (headset, mice, keyboard, etc.) auto restarts every 5 mins.

I know it's a weird problem, but i'm trying to solving it. i already dismantle all the computer and built again to check assemble problems, and all it's fine.

Thanks for reading and sorry for bad english :D

0 Likes
11 Replies

Use hwinfo64 to check fan speed & temps, run cpu-z stress or aida64 stability test.

Assume you have cpu fan in correct header.

What mobo bios version and is chipset driver updated.

Is 'cool & quiet' on or off in bios settings. 

As for the usb issue, try disabling 'selective suspend' in windows advanced power settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

i update the bios to f11, modified the usb settings u say and it works, heat but at least i can have read's from temperature. processor gets 85° and GPU 70 in warzone for example. 

I didn't try to OC ramm's but the last time crashed the bios, i should try again and see if it works, the temperature it's priority now.

0 Likes
xesap58662
Adept II

If you brought this built from someone take it back

0 Likes

i buy the CPU complete in one store, GPU in another store.

Reasons?

0 Likes

Your safe at 85C, got to remember that some games are more cpu intense and lowering graphics settings to put out higher fps will put higher strain on cpu ?

Once you start OCing, then you need to find/read dedicated forums to find info.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I don't agree

I have a 5600x on a air cooler and have lower temps than him while gaming

Something is wrong with his systems cooling

I can't say with the 5600x as I don't have one but I have 2 identical 3600 builds and one cpu runs about 8 degrees hotter than the other. The silicon lottery is always at play. There are plenty of reports to indicate the 5xxx series in general runs hotter. The 5600 is the only one that even comes with a cooler now and IMHO was inadequate for the 3600s in many cases too. The OP would likely benefit from a better aftermarket cooler. A Cooler Master 212 evo for instance would do a great job and runs about $35. 

To the OP make sure you have proper air flow, in, though and out of your case before investing more money. Make sure all your fans are running correctly. Make sure you are plugged into a fan not a pump header or that the headers are correctly configured in your bios. 

You can likely find a video for your board or similar bios. 

0 Likes
yourgamer990
Journeyman III

I've delidded my R5 5600x (kept stock cooler), and it pushes 95C in Windows with Prime95 (or any stress testing program for several hours) while gaming or on stock settings. I already had readings of 90C tops with CoreTemp. Any idea why this chip is throttling? Temperature always stays between 85-90C, temperature is at the top of motherboard's case, without a lot of airflow around processor, the HSF is "open air", not more than ~2 cm space between core and HSF. If I use Furmark, temps stay below 70C but I have to hold my hand close to the area of the processor as heat rises up, and am worried about dropping case temperatures - later i referred is cpuandgpu.com to get a new cooler for my processor

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

You said you upgraded your BIOS to F11, there is no F11 on your motherboards support page? (but then, I have a gigabyte motherboard too and I know they change the BIOS regularly and sometimes remove beta BIOS's from their page.) I would upgrade to the latest stable BIOS, (F12) but as others have said, I think there is an issue with your cooling. I have a 5600X and have always been surprised how cool it actually runs and I only have a be quiet dark rock slim cpu cooler. 

0 Likes
Robinhood
Adept I

The first thing to check would be if you properly mounted your cooler. Did you remove the plastic film (if present) on the cooler coldplate? This is the flat surface at the bottom of the heatsink. Did you apply enough thermal paste when mounting the cooler? I've found the grain of rice method isn't sufficient for Ryzen CPUs.

Please post pictures of HWinfo while stress-testing the CPU.

0 Likes
innotechreviews
Journeyman III

I'm a big fan of AMD, I own an rx 580 and am waiting for the release of Navi to upgrade my GPU. With that being said, I was really excited about Best motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. After reading some reviews on Tom's Hardware and seeing that this is a great cpu with decent temperatures even at high clock speeds. However after purchasing this processor i have been experiencing abnormally high temperatures from around 70C-90C when running benchmarks such as AIDA64 Extreme Edition stress test or Cinebench R15 Multi Threaded benchmarking tools. My cooler is rated to handle up to 95c so there isn't anything wrong with the cooler itself..I believe it might be due to how Ryzen handles heat? Or maybe

0 Likes