cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NiwiShoto
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600X Overheating Alert

Hello, I am from France and I have a problem with my CPU sometimes when I start my PC it marks me CPU Overheating Alert and I would like to know why this.

Specifications of my PC :

Case : MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R
Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TORPEDO
RAM: Ballistix RGB DDR4 - ( 16 Go , 3200 MHz PC25600 ) Numéro : BL2K8G32C16U4BL
SSD : MSI 1To M.2 NVMe Gen 4 - Spatium M480
Watercooling: MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R
Graphics Card : MSI RTX 3070 Ti Ventus 3X 8G LHR
Power Supply : MSI ATX 750W - 80 + Gold FM - MPG A750GF
Network Card : TP-Link PCI-E WiFi 802.11N 300 Mbits - TL-WN881ND

3 Replies

There have been several AMD Threads in the past 6 months where 5000 series processor were overheating using MSI AIO CPU Coolers.

Most needed to RMA the MSI CPU Cooler and replace it to get proper cooling on the AMD 5000 series processors.

First thing I would do is install a inexpensive high rated TDR  (At or above 150 watts) AIR CPU Cooler and see if the processor stops overheating.

If it does I suggest you RMA your MSI AIO CPU Cooler.

Or make sure the MSI AIO CPU Cooler pump is actually pumping liquid through the tubing, that it is installed correctly and is making a tight even pressure on the processor. The fan is working at full speed when it overheats, etc.

The last couple of threads the pump was showing to be working when in reality it wasn't pumping correctly thus causing the AMD processor to overheat quickly or within a very light load.

NOTE: The Maximum Operating Temperature of your processor is 95c with a TDR rating of 65 Watts. So with a AIO Liquid Cooler temperature shouldn't rise above 80c on your processor.

EDIT: There is a recall on your MSI MAG CORELIQUID CPU COOLER. See if you have one of the defective one from this article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/msi/recall-240r-360r-liquid-coolers

Using Air cooler for my Ryzen 5600x because of reliability. Even if cooler stop spinning it still cool down your CPU without failing.

I use this one because it is compact, silent and ergonomic, you can install any memory modules with it:

Mugen 5 Rev.B 

Qanatoz_0-1651247326218.png

BAYJOK3R
Journeyman III

bendede rayzen 5 5600x var ve ıınıyor bide sıvı soğutma takılı termalini yeni en pahalsından ama yok sürücüsde yok sayfada

0 Likes