cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Ryzen 5 5600X instability during high sustained CPU load with core performance boost on

Jump to solution

Just because the PSU is new doesn't mean it can't be defective or that your system really is pulling more power. 

OCCT should be able to show you if that is the case. 

I will say this I have had more electronics be bad when new then ones that fail even after years. 

They seem like they are either bad right of the bat or last forever most the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Ryzen 5 5600X instability during high sustained CPU load with core performance boost on

Jump to solution

You bet! I hope you get it sorted with as little more hassle as possible. Sucks when you spend big money and it doesn't work. 

It is how I ended up here the first time too!

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I looked into it more and found someone with the same CPU+mobo combo that had a similar issue but with XMP instead. Apparently, having both CPB and XMP on will cause instability, and either one of them off will allow the system to be stable. I feel pretty dumb for not checking that first. So now it seems more of a motherboard issue since I've had XMP enabled with my previous mobo+cpu without issues. Hopefully there's a BIOS update that allows it to be stable at max speed. Time to cancel the order of my 5800x...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

I certainly would not consider it dump as they should both work together. You might want to make sure that XMP is really applying the right settings for your ram. Contact support or your memory maker and get the best manual timings from them and apply them in your bios manually and see if that changes the stability issue. That way you can avoid XMP and still get the memory running at XMP speed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

im having the same issue actually, with an X570 aorus elite. Pc shuts down on High fps games. Benchmarks are no problem. 

I even ran it with optimized default settings. No OC whatsoever and it was the same. Im resintalling windows from scratch now since I saw some errors on the event viewer. Deleting everything on the system and drives. gonna start clean to see if is doing it again. 

Makes no sense tho, YT reviewers are working with the Aorus Master which should have same Bios and they have not reported any issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Jazzinplayer, you probably do not have the same issue as the OP.  To receive help, please open a new thread with all your information.  There seems to be a real mini-epidemic of under-powered systems lately.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I created the following post with full explanation and partial solution. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/system-instable-5600x-crashes-on-games-with-auto-settings-cb...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Sorry, Jazzinplayer,  your link does not work.  Enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It's the bios issue.  I noticed you flashed F11g which has SAM (Smart Access Memory) enabled.  Gigabyte now has F11i, but the problem could still be there.  See if you can find F11d and flash it instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

OP marked his answer as correct (in his situation), although i have both enabled(no oc yet) and not one error from install.

Anyone with a problem should start a new thread, so far i have to agree with @pokester  that both options enabled should work.

Perhaps people with issues should post pics of bios settings.

ps: my first amd cpu in self build and i like it (from  9600k).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos