Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

typedjohn
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600x Idle temps 63-67C+

Hello! 

This is my first "all by myself" PC build, I really went all out on the components and have been super disappointed by the result - was fully expecting it to be a silent powerhouse, really tried to go all out on cooling (designed according to the series of excellent YT videos from "Machines & More"), not skimp on the PSU, instead it's extremely loud, and HOT. I really took my time with the build, nonetheless I did try reseating the cooler a few months ago but found no change and ultimately no reason to believe it was installed incorrectly in the first place. Recently its even hotter and louder than before.

I've also tried:

updating bios

uninstalling unneccesary apps

Update Chipset Driver

Update Graphics Driver

Changing power plan to balanced

installing additional fans...

I know that's probably not a very impressive list but I guess I feel somewhat helpless digging around forums, there's just so much I don't know. This is the first time I've ever made a post like this. What I have read, a few threads with people having temps around 60-70 under load with stock cooler and suggesting that's too hot - it's enough to make me think something is seriously wrong with my system. I'm not an expert at this, I'm sure my bios settings aren't totally optimized but I'm totally puzzled at how I could have gotten it this wrong...

Here are my system components:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 5600x (Vermeer)
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 (EVGA FTW3 ULTRA)
MOBO: ROG STRIX b550-i Gaming
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18
PSU: CORSAIR SF750 750W SFX 80 PLUS PLATINUM
CPU COOLER: SCYTHE MUGEN 5 120MM, ARCTIC P12, NOCTUA NF-A9 PWM
CHASSIS COOLING: 2xNOCTUA NF-F12 (exhaust), 2x ARCTIC P12 SLIM (intake)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine I had gaming in mind when I built this system but honestly I don't even game that much, I'm working from home and just need a stable system, it makes me anxious when the fans start going nuts when I open like 4 tabs of chrome. 

More stats/photos below: 

20220317_175111.jpgMemory.JPGSPD.JPGCPU.JPGGraphics.JPGMainboard.JPG

0 Likes
16 Replies