cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ashishguptaa521
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600H going up to 85C while playing Forza Horizon 4 at 1080p 72FPS. Is it okay or not?

I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15ec2xxx. It has Ryzen 5 5600H and 75W GTX 1650 onboard. While playing Forza Horizon 4 at 1080p it gets near-about 80 - 85C hot sometimes & mostly around 70-75C. Is it safe to play the game or it may cause hardware damage on long run because of the CPU temperature?

Considering I play the game around 2 hours a day & Idle temperature of CPU and GPU is nearabout 40 45C.

0 Likes
2 Replies

According to AMD Specs on your laptop APU processor the Maximum Operating Temperature is 105c.

The Default TDP is 45 watts but can be configured to run between 35 Watts and 54 Watts.

So the temperatures you are showing is within it working range.

You can probably make it run cooler by making the TDP from 45 watts to 35 watts if your Laptop BIOS allows you that option.

Also you will need to find out from your laptop Support what temperatures are normal or it maximum operating temperature for your laptop is.

Yes I checked, apparently Ryzen 5 5600H's maximum efficiency is at 80°C. It's fine as of now...now the weather's cooler now thanks to raining and CPU temp stays inside the 70°C even while gaming. Thanks for replying.