cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arniko
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600g Voltage very High

Hi, So I just got a Ryzen 5 5600g a couple of days ago (4 days I think) and since then I have been trying to get it to perform at its best with minimal effort. Turns out, Undervolting is the way to go. So I went into my BIOS and set the CO in the PBO options to -25,-25,-25,-25,-15,-10. Along with this, I have also set the Voltage at 1.3 instead of 1.35. 
I do not get any errors in OCCT test (30 mins) and Cinebench gives me a score of 4300-4426. But, in all Voltage monitoring software, the Voltage is at 1.438 volts when its boosting, and the CPU boosts a lot. The CPU is at around 60 deg (its 40 deg room temp here) and I am worried about degradation. 
My Question is, will my CPU degrade at the Voltage that AMD is supplying in spite of my efforts to reduce it as much as possible?

I should add that the CPU is running at 4.65 GHz single core and 4.55 GHz Multicore. The GPU is at 1.175 (custom) and I am not sure if it is safe. The GPU is at 2100Mhz. The SoC is at 1.15 volts  (0.025 less than GPU). Are these safe? 
The CPU voltage has me worried dead as it is constantly crossing 1.4.

Also, Ryzen Master fails to install on my PC. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Good work over there with the undervolting and PBO.

Lets see if I can give you some helpful insight.

Check several monitoring tools, I found discrepancies between them after my undervolting, its like.. I did nothing.
Ryzen Master will report 1.45 but the HwInfo and core temp will report 1.35 max.

Also, have you set the undervolting with offset value?

The Englishman
0 Likes

Yes, I have set the Undervolt to a negative value like I said. 
but Ryzen Master won't install and HwInfo gives me 1.4 volts + readings.
Now I did ask around and everyone tells me its fine for Ryzen 5000 to have 1.4v+ voltages.
But I am not sure as I game for 8 hrs + and the Voltage will be 1.4v+ for 8 hours.
So I am worried about degradation

0 Likes

had a similar issue with my gigabyte B550 Vision board. It was sending upwards of 1.6v at the board’s default settings. Temps were a bit higher than I’d like so I set the max to 1.35v and have much better temps with negligible effect on performance

But mine is not that high as yours. And a lot of guys are saying its normal. But am scared. So am asking here what to do.

0 Likes