Did you mean: 

Processors

Kaka_dark
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600g shows 1 cores 1 threads when it should have 6 cores 12 threads

My motherboard is gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi

0 Likes
7 Replies

If you are able to install Ryzen Master upload a image showing the cores. If not check BIOS to make sure there aren't any settings that might be disabling your processor's cores.

also upload a image of Windows Task Manager - Performance - CPU showing how many cores are enabled.

Also in Windows System Configuration try inputting 6 cores manually and see if all cores shows enabled after restarting the PC:

Screenshot 2022-04-19 070908.png

Make sure you have the latest Non-BETA BIOS installed which makes the 5000 series processor more compatible with your motherboard.

NOTE: Run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following simple command: SFC /scannow

This will check your Windows OS for corruption or missing core files and repair it.

Hi, My fairly new processor is showing that it has 1 cores 1 threads in task manager and I am concerned. It has been at this for all I have had it and I can't get it to boot to 6 cores and 12 threads. I have tried Ryzen Master not worked. I clean install window i it works only couple 

My PC parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600g

GPU: igpu

RAM: xpg 2x8GB

POWER SUPPLY: 550 Watt

• MOTHERBOARD: B450 aorus pro wifi(up to date BIOSIMG_20220501_113854 (1).jpg

)
0 Likes

If you have BIOS Version F61 or newer (Latest is F63a) then I suggest you open a AMD Support - Warranty Ticket and see if you processor is defective from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I would also open a Gigabyte Support ticket to see if the motherboard is defective.

Best way to see if it is the AMD Processor or the Motherboard is by taking the Processor and installing it in another motherboard.

If it shows all cores in a different Motherboard then your Motherboard is the problem. If it shows only one core on another Motherboard than that seems to indicate a defective AMD Processor.

See if you can take it to a local computer shop to test the processor or install it on a family or friends computer.

0 Likes

Msconfig will only show 1 processor, since there is only 1 physical processor.

Post a screenshot of your Task Manager with the CPU utilization screen showing.

0 Likes

strange .. i got a ryzen 7 

drpluto_0-1651425677213.png

You're right, I stand corrected - once the option is checked, it should list the total number of threads.

Then OP's issue is probably BIOS related.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Reseat your CPU and check for bent pins

Make sure your BIOS is up to date

Make sure  you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

ThreeDee PC specs