cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MrAbdullahxD
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 5600 Normal tempreture

what is the normal tempreture in 5600 using the stock cooler ?

after using msi afterburner i saw the processor temp is from 50 to 65 when i play games

somebody help me im new in pc so i need to know what to do

0 Likes
2 Replies
honeylemon
Adept I

really depends on the game some games are more cpu intensive like valorant my cpu temps are 60 to 75 but in apex which is a more gpu heavy game i get 50 to 60, really woudnt worry until cpu goes past 90 especially a mid range chip like the 5600 cause i too own it with the stock cooler

0 Likes
MatrickEganlan
Journeyman III

while the 5600x is generally built to run up to 95C... i personally don't like seeing it at or above 80C.

The stock cooler definitely isn't sufficient for doing this as often even in a decently cooled system, will run in the realms of 90C give or take, and that's without PBO doing anything, anything above 80C and it'll throttle itself already too.

A wraith prism or wraith max AMD cool however will drop those peak temps by 20C easily. In fact i've built enough 5600x's with wraith prisms and compared to their original stealth's, that running maximum 67-73C with those heatsinks is guaranteed under absolute maximum loads (again properly cooled case, and running an ambient temp of 24C).

So it's interesting to know a H60 CPU is equivalent to a Wraith Prism/MAX heatsink.

0 Likes