cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

acurlycrumb
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600 crashing/rebooting pc when launching games.

Just upgraded my PC but it is rebooting instantly when opening games like Warzone, or after accepting a game of League of Legends. Games like CS:GO and Rocket League run fine.

My system specs were

- AMD 2600x with ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO

- ASRock B450m Pro4-F

- RX 580 8GB

- Corsair RMx 550w 80+ Gold

- 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200

- 1 TB NVME

I've upgraded the 2600x to a Ryzen 5 5600 and the GPU to a 3060ti Founders Edition. Since upgrading on a fresh windows, new BIOS and fresh drivers I am having the crashing problem. I ran some stress testing programs for 30 minutes and didn't experience any crashing.

As soon as the games try to launch it restarts the PC and Events Viewer is throwing Kernel-Power 41 error message but I'm not familiar with events viewer so don't know how to diagnose further.

At first I assumed my PSU was struggling to run the new parts so I tried out an old 650W I had lying around. Same problem. Next I tried re-installing my RX 580 but had the same problems.

When putting my old 2600x in with the 3060ti it works fine on my 550W psu. So what is failing with the 5600 and how can I fix it?

Is it a faulty 5600? Is it my motherboard failing to use the 5600? (I am on the correct and newest 2.80 BIOS)

Thanks for any help.

1 Reply
aykaych
Journeyman III

I have the same problem but with 5 5600x did you find solution?

0 Likes