cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NixTY
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5500 90 degrees celsium

My processor heats up to 89 degrees celsium in games, and voltage and temperature spikes are visible when idle. In turboboost mode. How to solve the problem without turning off turboboost mode?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

The Ryzen 5 4500 has a higher Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c while the 5500 has a M.O.T. of 90c.

Besides, CPU temperatures are affected by the Ambient Room temperature and how good of a Air Circulation you have inside your PC and how strong your CPU Cooler is.

Like I mentioned, AMD Wraith Stealth is the weakest of all the AMD Wraith CPU Cooler models and your temps are fairly normal for that specific CPU Cooler. The Wraith Stealth is adequate for normal computer usage, It will just run a little hotter than a more powerful 3rd party cooler.

Plus the 5500 processor is a more powerful processor than the 4500 processor.

View solution in original post

curve optimizer in amd ryzen master fixed this problem

View solution in original post

13 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

NixTY, we need much more information on your system. Please post SSs of Ryzen Master (RM), both Basic and Advanced View while running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

here are the results within 3 minutes of the test, then I was just afraid to continue testing.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Likes

but in single-core test all allright1.png

0 Likes

Thanks, NixTY. Your temperatures are just fine, in fact very good. What cooler are you running? Post all your components. You are not running turbo boost but Core Performance Boost (CPB) which defaults to Auto. Disabling this will lower your performance but will probably reduce your temperatures and spikes. It is obvious you are accustomed to Intel not AMD. I have never used Intel but suspect their processors are slower to respond to demand while AMD responds quickly.  If you do not like quick response to demand and the spikes that adjoin, open your BIOS and disable CPB. Thanks and enjoy, John.

the temperature is good only in single core mode, in multicore the temperature is above 80 degrees, motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 (sAM4, AMD B450, PCI-Ex16), ryzen 5 5500 (box cooler), 2x8gb kingston fury, chieftec 600w, gtx 1660 super ,3 fans (2 in,1 out)

0 Likes

NixTY, good or bad temperature is in the eye of the beholder. Your temperatures are fine but if you do not like them, do something. I researched this some time back and found some interesting things. There are large silicon rectifiers on the market specified to run at 200C junction temperature. I also found a experiment reporting a silicon integrated circuit operating at 400C and surviving. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

0 Likes

According to AMD your processor's Maximum Operating Temperature is 90c. So it is at the point of throttling.

Also according to AMD your processor came bundled with AMD weakest Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler which explains your temperatures.

The Wraith Stealth is adequate enough for normal PC usage and running games but it will runner hotter than if you were using a stronger 3rd party CPU Cooler.

Your AMD TDP rating is 65 Watts so you will need a 3rd Party CPU Cooler rated at least 125 Watts to prevent your CPU from going over 80c-85c during heavy loads or intense gaming.

NOTE: The temperature of your CPU also involves if you have good Air circulation inside your PC.

I have a 65 Watt Ryzen 7 3700X with a CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO (125 watt TDP rated with 2 fans)  CPU Cooler and it keeps my processor's temperature below 70c under any types of loads with a room temperature around 80F.

0 Likes

then I don't understand why my friend has a ryzen 5 4500, which is not much different from my processor, on a standard 65w cooler with temperatures everything is fine.besides, there are no voltage and temperature spikes without turbo boost, but turning off turbo boost is a decrease in efficiency. Isn't this a software problem?

0 Likes

The Ryzen 5 4500 has a higher Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c while the 5500 has a M.O.T. of 90c.

Besides, CPU temperatures are affected by the Ambient Room temperature and how good of a Air Circulation you have inside your PC and how strong your CPU Cooler is.

Like I mentioned, AMD Wraith Stealth is the weakest of all the AMD Wraith CPU Cooler models and your temps are fairly normal for that specific CPU Cooler. The Wraith Stealth is adequate for normal computer usage, It will just run a little hotter than a more powerful 3rd party cooler.

Plus the 5500 processor is a more powerful processor than the 4500 processor.

thanks for your time!

0 Likes

Good to hear!

Then you should remove my "Solution" and put your last reply about Curve Optimizer as the real Solution instead.