Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Serpant
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600X package question

Hi,

I have ordered the new AMD CPU - Ryzen 5 3600X (100-000000022). This is not box version.
I have got it in such package - just in polyethylene bag, without AMD sticker (see pictures).
I'm not sure, that this is original AMD CPU.
Could the original AMD CPU be in such package?

Thank you for help!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Serpant
Journeyman III

frontfrontbackback

0 Likes

Ive never seen one packaged this way, they come in a box with a cooler. The potential of the pins/static damage is greater if this is how it arrived, where did you buy it from?

0 Likes

Most likely you received a OEM version of the Ryzen 5 3600x processor which means it isn't covered by AMD Warranty for 3 years. The place where you purchased the processor is the only Warranty you will be getting on that processor.

OEM Processors are bought in bulk and comes in plastic cases to the Retailer/vendor so it has no Official AMD Retail box nor Warranty.

While Retail versions come in a sealed Official AMD Retail box with or without CPU Cooler bundled. These have a 3 year AMD Warranty on it.

But to verify to see if your processor is truly a OEM version you need to send in the Serial Number to AMD Support- Warranty and see whether the Serial number is for a OEM or Retail version of the 3600x from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I would upload the same photos you uploaded here when you contact AMD Support.