cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

siikshots
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600X - Leave it at stock settings or overclock?

Just a quick question, should I overclock my Ryzen 5 3600X or leave it at stock settings?
I've been using it stock for the past month and it's been good, but today I've decided to mess around a bit with the cpu frequency and the core voltage. I've found that I can get 4.2Ghz on all cores at 1.25v. The temperatures are also better than at stock settings.
After that, I made some research and I noticed some people saying that the Ryzen 3000 series should be left at stock settings because of the longevity of the cpu, others where saying 1.35v max was fine, others said 1.325v, others 1.2v to 1.25v, etc. I'm going to keep this cpu for at least 2 years from now and I want it to last while also providing good performance as I play with a 1080p 144hz monitor. I also use the pc everyday for college work and gaming. What should I do, keep the 4.2Ghz and 1.25v or leave it stock?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Due to Ryzen, and now even Intel, processors featuring cores of differing capabilities, it's best to leave it on automatic and let Turbo and Precision Boost Overdrive control the clock speeds and voltages.