cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cesarmen
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5 3600x Hight temps

No, my case does not provide fan support to install in the upper part of the PSU

Only 2 in the top and 3 in the front

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

What is your CPU temperature GAIN after installing the PC case fans?

0 Likes
cesarmen
Adept I

Ok I had to made a change in you recomendation because of cable lenghts and connectors of the Motherboard.
I installed 1 additional in the top and 2 in the front

Test 1, Top IN: it looks like in iddle is the same between 45-55 C doing nothing. In the bios screen I got 54-55 C. However playing CoD WZ the maximun was 76 C

Test 2, Top OUT: in iddle I got lower values, minimun was 39 C. In the BIOS screen i got 52-53 C. But playing I got 79 C Max 

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 17.37.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 17.44.33.jpeg

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The fan direction you took your picture is the same as I said.

file_132_18.jpg

You need a similar cable in this picture for your PC case fans. You also need to use a thermal paste that thermal connectivity value is equal to 4watt/k or better. Also your CPU core voltage appears to be 1.46. This value is too high. You need to undervolting for the CPU. The CPU voltage you see on the BIOS screen should be slightly above 1.3. Otherwise, it may be very difficult to cool it.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You case setup looks fine to me. The issue is that the CPU stock cooler is just pretty bad and some 3600 & 3600x processors just run hotter than others. 
You would be much better off to just replace the stock cooler with something better. 

A Cooler Master 212 evo would likely do very well for you and run about 35  bucks.

I would not undervolt the cpu. In fact making any such changes voids the CPU warranty. 

You should run at bios defaults. If you are hot then you need to upgrade to a better cooler. 

Your complaint is about one of hundreds in these forums. A simple search for 3600 hot, and you will see how common the complaint is. Almost all of them fix the issue with better CPU cooling. Unfortunately other than AMD top end Prism cooler the others are not that good. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Edit:

If your game temperature does not drop below 70 degrees despite the conditions I specified, a new CPU cooler is required. Your PC case did not have good air circulation, this problem would affect not only the CPU but also the GPU.

If you buy a new CPU cooler, you should change the direction of the upper PC case fans according to the type of CPU cooler you purchased.

So if you prefer a liquid cooler, you can connect the radiator to the front of the case and it will be better to change the direction of the upper fans. Modification will be unnecessary for the upper case fans if you buy an air cooling CPU fan.

Goodluck...

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This is your first share.

001.PNG

This is second.

002.PNG

So your temperature gain should have been more than 2 degrees. I suggest you reset the BIOS settings. Your current CPU cooler does not support the high voltages. Your CPU cooler probably has a capacity of 60-70watt for the case with good airflow.

0 Likes