cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gman2207
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 - Temps VERY High

Hi all, it's been a fair few year but recently built myself a budget gaming computer after being out of the game for 20 or so years and am now learning I need upgrades from what I expected to be sufficient.

Anyway to the point, just upgraded my 2600 to a 3600 due to the 2600 being a bottle neck for my graphics card, since the swap the temps seem way way way to high, to the point the graphics were glitching out on a game test (assume cpu throttling) Idle temps were 60deg to 70deg.

I've had the cooler off, cleaned up the thermal paste and applied new but still getting high temps.

Now on idle I'm getting between 38deg and spikes up to 60deg (seems to be mainly between 42-53) and while gaming it's reaching 100deg peak but sitting early/mid 90's.

If it makes any difference the mother board is an Asrock A320M-HDV with bios version 5.90 (I know this is not ideal now after reading around)

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
gman2207
Journeyman III

I may have found the cause, will fully test tomorrow with a game. Asrock A-Tuning app for the motherboard seems send the cpu nuts when it's running. With it off I have stable idle temps sitting around 38deg.

0 Likes