cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mavis89
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 system crashing when idle

I'm using the Balanced From Ryzen and using the new BIOS the 4007 and still stable for me, I try to test with the new version of the bios with cpu on default but not succeed so GG, I revert to optimal perfomance again and the system is stable. Days on and ZERO CRASH on idle and full load.

0 Kudos
mavis89
Adept I

I found a new solution for my Ryzen 5 3600 and my bobo Asus Rog Strix B450-F Gaming, playing with Ryzen Master, I discovered that when I use Optimal Performance on the bios the CPU VCORE was on 1.1v, and the system stable. So I research for the safe voltage for my cpu and I found that is 1.325v so I put optimal defaults and DOCP for the ram and I change the CPU VCORE  to 1.325 and now my system is stable and can turbo from 3.6Ghz to 4.2Ghz with no problems, I make some bench and the system is stable and 2 days on a no BSOD. I don't know why AMD or ASUS(my mobo) have problem when the user put auto, anyway if someone try this solution like me, report below if this work or not. 

P.D: I think this fault is from AMD. 

0 Kudos
goosethesecond
Adept III

I'm way late to this party cause I just read the OP's initial post for the first time but for anyone with any similar issues.... the OP's PSU of only 450W on his system specs is most likely what causes system instability and crashes. That is just not enough stable power for a Ryzen 5 3600 and 3000MHz+ RAM.

So for everyone else, if you ever have a system with these specs or higher, know that you should always AT LEAST be on a 650W PSU but I'd recommend 750-850 to keep your PC "future proofed" and no worries of instability.

0 Kudos
clarkie92
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 crashing

i've been having a really similar issue. running Ryzen 5 3600, 32gb RAM (2x16) b450-f Mo-board, and it seems to constantly Blue screen when idle, i've run RAM checks, run the system with 1 Ram chip, then the other, still blue screened, tried re-installing windows 5 times, also installing new bios and updating drivers repeatedly, still no fix. i'm considering sending the motherboard and cpu back and just replacing them both.

sorry i couldn't be any more help, but at this point it's looking like a hardware issue, maybe a known fault with the combination of hardware or just a known fault with the cpu, not sure.

0 Kudos
goosethesecond
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 crashing

@clarkie92 wrote:

i've been having a really similar issue. running Ryzen 5 3600, 32gb RAM (2x16) b450-f Mo-board, and it seems to constantly Blue screen when idle, i've run RAM checks, run the system with 1 Ram chip, then the other, still blue screened, tried re-installing windows 5 times, also installing new bios and updating drivers repeatedly, still no fix. i'm considering sending the motherboard and cpu back and just replacing them both.

sorry i couldn't be any more help, but at this point it's looking like a hardware issue, maybe a known fault with the combination of hardware or just a known fault with the cpu, not sure.

What PSU do you have and what is its wattage?

0 Kudos
ScotchFury
Elite

I was getting odd occasional BSOD randomly although mostly when watching Netflix on the WIN 10 app & mostly when watching 4K content. Seems to have been the unsigned audio driver I was running on the Sound card, when I went back to the standard driver that was WHQL.

I only mention it because there were a few odd BSOD when just idle with screensaver.

since changing the driver it hasn’t done it in +2+ months, where before it was happening 2 - 3 times a week.

DXDIAG - Signed...DXDIAG - Signed...

DXDIAG - Unsigned...DXDIAG - Unsigned...

0 Kudos
FriedrichR
Journeyman III

When the BSOD happens during idle but never (!) when gaming etc. why is the PSU the problem?

I would assume that it would be the other way round.

EDIT:
My system:

• PSU: 500 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 Non-Modular 80+ Gold
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 3.60GHz So.AM4 BOX
  • GPU: 8GB MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING
  • MB: X570 MSI GAMING EDGE WIFI
  • RAM: 32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000

Do you think the 500W PSU could be the problem with my BSOD in idle?

0 Kudos
mavis89
Adept I

Hi guys, try my solution changing the CPU-CORE from AUTO to 1.325V, I'm on the last BIOS and my pc works great no more BSOD on idle. 

0 Kudos
FriedrichR
Journeyman III

I tried and it reduced my BSOD, but I still got them...

Right now I am trying this solution: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-zen-2-processors/

Will report back if it worked.

0 Kudos
FriedrichR
Journeyman III

This didn't really solve the problem. I think I got fewer crashes but still got them.

However that link hat some good advice which so far solved my BSOD issues: removing the CMOS battery after every BIOS update.

And sure enough, after removing the battery it took forever to boot up my system but since then I had no crashes.

0 Kudos