cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Fly1
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 random reboots

Hello, I just built a new PC and from the start I've been having issues with it.  Trying to install Windows it rebooted several times during the first minute or so. Without doing anything I could install Windows and do some updates, but it kept rebooting. Sometimes the intervals are long (runtimes over an hour), sometimes it reboots within a few minutes. It doesn't seem to be related to load, because it crashes on idle all the same. Checking Windows event log gives the Kernel Power 41 error. The PC does not shut down and then start again, it just reboots, but doesn't give any indication like the "Restarting..." screen. It does not seem temperature related as I've not seen CPU, GPU or mobo go past 40C.

It works absolutely fine in BIOS and never crashed there. I could even update the BIOS when it was constantly crashing in Windows. I've tried a clean install of Windows, but that never seemed to be the issue because it even crashed in the installer. I'm kinda losing my mind over this. Also, the mobo cycles the debug LEDs everytime it boots. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour or not. Currently my Windows installation has the newest updates and AMD drivers for Chipset and GPU.

Running Prime95 for a while did not crash, all cores were over 4GHz. Running AC Odyssey crashes immediately after the intros after pressing start. It's the only way the system crashes consistently.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550M Bazooka motherboard

RX 480 8GB Sapphire (from old PC)

Corsair CX600M PSU (from old PC)

Vengeance LPX 2x8GB RAM 3600mhz

What I've tried:

• CMOS reset
  • BIOS optimized defaults
  • BIOS update
  • check cable connections
  • Windows reinstall