cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lexazan
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 Random BSODs and Resets

Ok, got just one BSOD right after windows reinstall, afterwards - all good for 24 hours (clean system, no vendor drivers, just the ones auto installed from  windows update). Will now install X570 chipset drivers and let it sit for another day...

0 Likes
ryzen_type_r
Adept III

I know I'm replying to an old post, and I'm not attacking anyone in particular here, but I'm just going to leave this reply for reference in case someone thinks that running Driver Verifier will help them.

Driver Verifier is really meant for DEVELOPER USE, not end user use.  Driver Verifier is designed to CAUSE BLUE SCREENS when the monitored driver performs an 'illegal operation', when that illegal operation may or may not have caused a blue screen or any other problem in normal use.  (And all this info is literally right there on MS's Web page for Driver Verifier....lol)

So for us 99.9999% end users who are not driver developers and have neither the knowledge nor tools to diagnose and debug drivers, Driver Verifier does not help, and in fact makes things worse because it can lead you away from the cause of the real problem.

All those Nvidia systems from a year ago that blue screened running DV, doesn't mean those systems were all unstable, all it means is that the drivers performed an instruction or function call that MS determined to be illegal.  This isn't that uncommon, a lot of software use undocumented/unsupported/'illegal' operations, often as a workaround around issues with Microsoft API's or the underlying OS itself.

TLDR - don't use Driver Verifier.

0 Likes
Mikkhntl
Journeyman III

Most, if not all of these problems are occurring on MSI motherboards and I don't think anyone has mentioned updating the BIOS yet, or has it just been assumed? I updated mine and even tried a beta version released a month or so ago.  To test whether this had done the trick, I put one of the Nvidia cards back in and it seemed to have worked - for a few weeks at least.

Then I developed a new problem when randomly at boot up, the fans would be abnormally loud and the boot up process would freeze. Switching off and restarting would cure it, but it got annoying and I reverted back to the old Radeon card, which worked but leaves me in limbo again.

I've given up trying now and will probably go for the Ryzen 5 5600G 

0 Likes
lexazan
Journeyman III

I made bios update to the latest stable version, didn't help much. Right now I am installing drivers one by one on the clean windows system, and letting it sit for around 24 hours between each. So far no BSODs, and only Radeon GPU drivers are left not installed. Will be fun if there won't be any BSODs after I will install them  

0 Likes
lexazan
Journeyman III

Ok, just wanted to add that I reinstalled fresh windows copy on another NVMe drive and bsods are gone. So it was either something messed up in drivers or faulty disk drive. Will probably test an old one in nearest future and reply here

Tags (1)
0 Likes