cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chaiwallah
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 pc won't boot

I assembled a new computer a couple of months ago with the Ryzen 5 processor and an MSI X570 motherboard. It worked for about two weeks and then wouldn't boot. Lights on the motherboard suggested it was getting power. The cpu warning light flashed when I tried to boot. Fans did not start up. I researched online and found that the PSU is often the problem, so I ordered and installed another one (735 watts bronze). When I tried to boot, I got the same result as before.

I also removed the thermal compound that was on the stock cooler and applied Arctic MX4. I couldn't get any information from MSI's (useless) website. Bad CPU?

0 Likes
4 Replies

If your Ryzen 5 isn't under your Retailer/Vendor Warranty anymore try opening a Online AMD Warranty Request and see if they believe your processor needs to be RMAed.

They may ask you to perform some test to help them judge whether your Ryzen is defective or not.

Thanks. I'll do that.

0 Likes

Forgot to add the link to AMD WARRANTY REQUEST: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

0 Likes

Thanks.

0 Likes