cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jamaoki
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3600 Overheating Warning During Restart

Hello all! I recently built a PC with a Ryzen 5 3600 with a MSI B550 Tomahawk Motherboard. Whenever I restart my computer, for a brief second I get a warning stating that my CPU is overheating. I have not overclocked anything in my BIOS. Does anyone know what might causing that problem? Thank you for your time. 

5 Replies

Sounds like the CPU Cooler fan is sticking and not starting immediately after power is applied or there is something that might be obstructing the fan like a cable or wire.

Either way I would open the side panel and turn on power and keep a very close eye on the CPU Cooler fan and see if it takes one or two seconds to start.

You can also manually rotate the CPU Cooler fan with power off and see if it turns easily and there is not resistance or noises. It should turn several rotations by itself if you move the Fan blade around.

If the CPU Cooler fan starts immediately and you still get that warning then you have another problem either with the installation of the CPU Cooler or CPU or Motherboard thermal sensors.

Otherwise you need to post the Make & Model of the CPU cooler and the rest of your computer information for further help.

0 Likes

It is still showing the warning sign. The make is 3600 and the model number is 100-100000031BOX

Mobo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 X 2 3600Mhz

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Suprim

PSU: Corsair 750 Watt 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB 

0 Likes

Have you looked in motherboard bios, cpu temp warning settings. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yes I have, I recently did a temp test and my idle was at 50-70c and the highest it got while I was playing cs go was 94c.

0 Likes

Yes I have, I recently did a temp test and my idle was at 50-70c and the highest it got while I was playing cs go was 94c. I also cleared the CMOS but still got the same temps.

0 Likes