cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

xtracker
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 only boosting in game 3.96Ghz its normal ?

Hello i have ryzen 5 3600 many youtubers have in msi afterburner clocks 4.175Mhz i have really low clocks compare to them ... what i have wrong. 

I installed chipset drivers directly from MSI site.

My mobo : MSI B450 Tomahawk Max latest Bios 1.0.0.4

Ram : G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3600Mhz cl18

Gpu: MSI GTX 1070Ti 

Cooler: SilentumPC Fortis 3 RGB

Can you help me ? :/

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

xtracker, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop image into your reply.  Before you do, please uninstall any strange applications (eg, HWinfo) and do a Clear CMOS.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Adnotacja 2019-12-22 231031.pngI run Pubg in background and see results.

0 Likes

Thanks, xtracker.  I do not know what Pubg is, but if it is a monitor application, please stop.  I do not know what you expect but Max Boost (4200 MHz) will only be one core at a time, not all.  I recommend you DL Cinebench and run the single core bench - File-'Advanced Benchmark' then Single.  Please post an RM shot while running.  I have seen plenty of CB shots, so no more, please.  Your posted RM looks good, but notice EDC is turning yellow meaning throttling is near.  When it goes RED, the clock and core voltage is being reduced to protect the processor.  If you are willing to OC, then you can increase the limits on PPT, TDC and EDC to delay the throttling.  Please see the RM Quick Reference Guide (QRG) to see how to do this.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Adnotacja 2019-12-23 165405.png

0 Likes

Thanks, xtracker.  The maximum frequency is too low, but it looks like something else is running.  The other five cores are near or over 1000MHz and one almost 2000MHz.  Please stop all that and run the test again.  I see you are using a later version of CB (R20.060).  I need to try that one myself.  If you can get rid of whatever is running, you should see a better frequency, at least closer to 4200MHz.  Other single core runs on Generation 3 Ryzens, I see the unused cores running a few hundred MHz or Sleep.  Please open Apps in Settings and uninstall all the junk you find.  Also go here, DL and install the latest Chip Set drivers.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes