cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

spookslam
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 on an MSI B450M Mortar. High temperatures

Just a little update: Here you can see the temperature graphic line is now pretty much straight. Before it was always a zigzag shape.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
salicyatus
Adept I

Weird. Especially since I have a smaller radiator than you (MasterLiquid ML120L RGB) and maximum temperature is 81 degrees in a stress test.
Maybe these bios settings will change something for you?Adnotacja 2019-07-31 210312.png

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Those settings definitely worked VERY well. Check the voltages below. It dropped to 1.1v at idle with Ryzen Balanced power plan. Thank you for your share and help.

idle voltage.JPGidle voltage 2.JPG

0 Likes
mlxg56
Adept I

i have a b450 tomahawk and a ryzen 5 3600, can i use ur settings aswell?

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

I guess you can. Just give it a try. I don't think it would do any harm. Just don't disable Amd Cool n Quiet. 

0 Likes
salicyatus
Adept I

Yes, from what I know it is practically the same motherboard from the same manufacturer. So if you have such options in the bios it should work. Let me know if it works. I'm curious.

0 Likes
mlxg56
Adept I

so i tried your settings and according to hwinfo my idle temps dropped by a few degrees. Its my first time actually feeling comfortable with my temps.

Thanks for that

But what does "Typical current idle" mean/do ?

0 Likes
mlxg56
Adept I

Edit: my ambient temps today were ~25C instead of ~35C, not sure if the temps after the bios changes are affected by this.

During gaming my average temps were ~60C today instead of ~65C and idle are about ~39C instead of ~46C.

I will check again when ambient temps rise.

I also noticed that i still get temperature spikes, not sure how to fix that

0 Likes
salicyatus
Adept I

https://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvirtmachine.ru%2Fpower-supply... 

From what is written here is a problem related to the power supply which is strange because I have a new Corsair CX550M. I do not know why the auto setting does not work well. As for temperature jumps, I also have them. When the processor needs frequencies to jump then the voltage also jumps. So I think this is completely normal and probably can not be eliminated.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

I use an old Thermaltake Smartpower 80plus Bronze 750w power supply. I turned idle control setting to "auto" and it works fine. I only enabled AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. Then voltages and temperatures went better afterwards. But still high temperatures under stress test.

0 Likes