cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

misterj
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 on an MSI B450M Mortar. High temperatures

Thanks, spookslam.  I hope you will open a Support Ticket with AMD.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Sorry, but I didn't understand exactly why I should open an AMD support ticket. Because of the high temperatures?

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Certainly do as you wish, spookslam, but those numbers do not look useful to me.  If OK with you, just let it go.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

I opened a Support Ticket as you said. Waiting for reply.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Thanks, spookslam.  Maybe this is intended but hopefully AMD will tell us.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Speaking of which, please check the graphics below. In the first picture, CPU temp was harmonically going up and down between 50C and 55Cn In the second picture, it was fixed to 60C somehow. All graphics recorded idle on windows desktop only Ryzen Master running.

pastedImage_4.jpg

pastedImage_5.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Weird, spookslam.  I have no explanation.  Speed in the first is varying a lot and much more constant in the second.  At least these two correlate.  W10 always seems to be doing something strange.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

I've noticed that CPU-Z and windows task manager shows that the CPU is constantly boosted and core voltage is rolling around 1.42-1.46 whici is, I guess, an issue. On the other hand, Ryzen Master shows low clock speeds but high core voltages around 1.42-.1.45.

davecutler
Journeyman III

i have the exact same temps and the exact same "boost jumps" using an msi b450m gaming plus i keep looking around but it seems like most people are having the same exact thing so safe to assume its either a beta bios issue or just usual temp for a 7nm chip

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

• Exactly. Yesterday I was convinced that the numbers are normal. Before that I saw that CPU-Z showing that the CPU runs at high core voltages around 1.42v-1.46 and boost clock speed as well. It was an anxiety to me having those numbers because it was constantly boosting clock and keeping hight core voltage but then, I went to power options in control panel. I changed windows power plan from AMD Ryzen High Performance to Balanced. Now the core voltage fluctuates. Best power plan  AMD Ryzen Power Saver. Core voltage goes around 1.35 and there is no significant performance loss. Today I am convinced to use AMD Ryzen High Performance power plan with 1.45 core voltage with maximum performance.
0 Likes