cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mohamed5294
Adept II

Ryzen 5 3600 Low frequency-High temp

Actually I'm newer in AMD world. So I have ton of questions need someone answer me.

1 - Does AMD Processors accept manual overclock from AMD Ryzen Master, See someone say can put 1.35 peak voltage and set all cores 4.2

2 - I have B450 Aorus PRO Wifi which it's cool motherboard, But I didn't feel it I feel it sucks my cpu in games stuck on 3.90 sometimes 4.0 I feel it's motherboard problem , Does someone have same board ?

3 - Does AMD CPU need aftermarket cooler so I can achieve a good boost and less heat because I can make BBQ with my Ryzen 5 3600 hits 80+ temp while gaming only and 95 while testing some benchmark like cinebench r20 , So does AMD affected by temp so less temp = More auto voltage and more frequency

4 - Should I change stock thermal paste its came with it or its fine , Does old chip stay in market makes thermal bad !

Cinebench r20 score multi ; 3240

0 Likes
2 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss

The stock cooler is good enough for a low to moderate all-core boost with normal ambient temperatures. An after market cooler will certainly allow better boost from more controlled thermals. The base frequency is 3.6ghz for the 3600 so as long as it isn't going below that in gaming it is fine. ~3.85 for Cenebench R20 is also fine with a stock cooler.

You can manually OC with ryzen master, but from your image you are probably not going to be able to do 4.2 @ 1.35v with that cooler. Seeing how things run at stock is the best way to gauge what OC you'd be able to do, and yours is close to 90c with just 1.325v and 3.8ghz. You can always try. The worst that will happen is your PC resets when you try to run Cenebench R20 again.

0 Likes

LMAO so stock cooler is garbage , And I don't think so zen 2 happy with oc

AMD not recommend overclock zen 2 I think !!

Yes im hit 3.85 all cores nothing more with high temp

But why ppt , edc full and reach 100%

0 Likes