Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

oldmann92
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 is temps. normal?

Hi,

I have just bought a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and B450-F Gaming MBO.

I get idle temps at 45-60 degrees (most around 55) and 75-80 degrees while playing PUBG and CS GO.

Is this normal?

0 Likes
4 Replies

I use the AMD RGB cooler and my CPU is stuck at 37C all the time, works for me.

I use the windows 10 power saver plan to keep my CPU at its way to high 2.2 GHz when 800 MHz is enough for zilch activity.

Dunno know why AMD does not go lower than 2.2 GHz when there is not load, so what if the idle CPU is 800 MHz, uses no appreciable power at that speed. I wish.

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

OK no one has brought this up. But The temperatures are intentionally set high. Because of the smaller processor size the temperatures are constantly below 0 an getting colder At some points a cooler isn't needed. So The design team set the cooling temperatures 20 degrees higher than normal. So if you see 49c it is in fact 29c An when Temps jump to 60c it is in fact 38c just starting to warm up. So when you see 70c you don't need to worry its only 49c You should worry when its 90c. It means its getting a little hot at 72c. This should raise some concern.

Whaaaaaat? How? Wtf? 

0 Likes

Sorry for asking you this but do you have any official sources or papers that back up this statement?

0 Likes