Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mehmet42kny
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3600 Idle temperatures high 65-72°

Hey everyone 

I just bought this ryzen 5 3600 and when I tested it after the assembly, the temperature was 65 
degrees, then I reassembled it thinking that it was caused by the paste and the
problem did not improve.
Is this normal or should I send it to warranty?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hello again, I found the problem, even if it was difficult, I think the problem is because when I take the internet out, the temperature is stable when I stand idle between 30-40 degrees.
However, the internet goes up to 68-70 degrees when I breathe, there was a short circuit on my motherboard before, I think the increase in the temperature with the internet screen is due to the short circuit.
So I'll have to buy a new motherboard
Anakar Asus Prime 320M-R I wonder if you have any suggestions for the motherboard that I will buy.

I use Rx 470 4GB 256 bit as video card

Thank you for everything I am grateful to you

View solution in original post

see when idle is it actually idle.use win task manager.if the idle to 1 percet is ok but if idle cpu 100%

1 maybe you get malware some malware use your 100% cpu to mine crypto

2 hdd if already old some times it put you cpu to 100% all the time

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

The Maximum Operating Temperature for the 3600 is 95C but 65C - 72C at idle is very high.

That processor comes bundled with the weakest of all of AMD Wraith CPU Coolers -Stealth.  The processor is rated at TDP 65C but it needs a stronger CPU Cooler than the Stealth.

Even so, if idle reaches 72C than either the Stealth is not installed correctly (not tightly on, Thermal paste not applied correctly, Fan not working or Air flow to fan is obstructed, or hot room temperature, etc) or poor Air Circulation inside the Computer Case or your Room temperature is warm or hotter than 82-85F.

I have a Ryzen 3700X  (TDP 65c) and I need to use a 3rd party CPU Cooler (CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO) to maintain the processor within 75C under stress tests with a room temperature around 80f - 82F.

• Thank you for your comment. I sent the processor to the warranty and they said that it was tried on 2 different motherboards and they did not encounter any problems.After the processor came, we made the installation with the help of a computer and when I checked the temperature after turning on the computer there for 15 minutes and checking the temperature, I was happy and came home. and 3 minutes after turning on the computer, I can say that the temperature is between 68-72 and does not drop below. The computer guy and my power cables were different and the monitors were different, except that there is nothing different I am waiting for your valuable comments.
0 Likes

Could be a BIOS settings like having PBO enabled (AMD overclocking feature) or maybe you have a background app running causing your processor to have a load on it.

Do a CMOS CLEAR to reset your BIOS to it factory settings and see if it makes any difference in temps.

If PBO is on "Auto" disable it temporarily and see if temps go down.

I would check Windows Task Manager and see if any apps are running using up a lot of your CPU processes.

Change your Windows Power Plan to regular if set for High Performance. Also make sure your Power Plan Processor's Max is 100% and Min is 5%.

what temperature are showing when you are in Windows Safe Mode?  This will eliminate any 3rd party apps running or other apps that might cause the high temps on idle or light load.

Could be your room temperature is fairly warm, above 84F or higher.

Ask the computer tech what his opinion is about the processor running hot in your PC.  Ask him if he changed any BIOS settings on the 2 motherboards that you guys installed the processor on.

Did the Computer tech use the same Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler or their own 3rd party CPU Cooler or a different Wraith CPU Cooler?

Does Ryzen Master show any unusual data concerning your processor?

I have to go to bed right now, but I will apply what you say tomorrow, I'll write my comments back here tomorrow night, thank you for your valuable and abundantly informed comment

Hello again, I found the problem, even if it was difficult, I think the problem is because when I take the internet out, the temperature is stable when I stand idle between 30-40 degrees.
However, the internet goes up to 68-70 degrees when I breathe, there was a short circuit on my motherboard before, I think the increase in the temperature with the internet screen is due to the short circuit.
So I'll have to buy a new motherboard
Anakar Asus Prime 320M-R I wonder if you have any suggestions for the motherboard that I will buy.

I use Rx 470 4GB 256 bit as video card

Thank you for everything I am grateful to you

Depends on your budget.

But I recently upgraded from a Asus AM3+ Motherboard to a Asus AM4 Motherboard.

At first I purchased a Asus Crosshair VIII WiFi but was DOA from Amazon. Then I found my current Motherboard which has been excellent so far for my 3700X processor.

I purchased a Asus TUF GAMING X570 PRO WiFi for around $220.00 at Amazon. The ROG Crosshair cost almost $389.00.

The best features which are identical to the ROG Crosshair VIII are:

1- Both have 8 SATA Ports

2-Both have 4 PCIe Slots (3.0/4.0)

3-Both support the latest AMD Processors

4-One of the most important feature is both have the BIOS FLASHBACK button in the rear of the Motherboard. This way you can update the BIOS by just using a USB Flash Drive and doing nothing more than just turning on power and pressing the BIOS Flashback button.

5-Both have built in WiFi/Bluetooth similar to the Crosshair VIII. (Saves either one PCIe slot or USB slot)

6-Both use about the similar RAM Memory QVL List. I purchased 2 x 16GB G-Skill Trident-Z NEO RAM Memory (3600 Mhz). Manually overclock the RAM from it SPD Speed to 3600Mhz without any issues. (Didn't use Asus DOCP (XMP)  in BIOS. Caused issues).

The only really big difference is the ROG Crosshair has a stronger VRM then the X570 PRO plus probably some other features. Stronger VRM means you can Overclock the processor higher or use a more powerful processor in overclocking mode.

But for about $160.00 less I got a motherboard with similar features to a $389.00 motherboard. Since I don't manually overclock there isn't a need to have a more powerful Motherboard.

Also the X570 Pro WiFi came out in September of 2020 so it is a very new motherboard.

Anyways, the above is just my experience with the X570 Pro and why I decided to purchase that specific motherboard.

There are others less expensive like the X570 Plus but MSI and Gigabyte and ASRock all have good motherboards.

It all depends on your budget and how you are planning on using your PC.

0 Likes

That is one very important fact that I believe you failed to mention in your previous replies that your motherboard had a short in it.

Anyways, good to know that you found out what was causing your processor to run hot.

You might as well mark your last reply as "Solution" so other Users will know what caused your issue.

Take care.

0 Likes

see when idle is it actually idle.use win task manager.if the idle to 1 percet is ok but if idle cpu 100%

1 maybe you get malware some malware use your 100% cpu to mine crypto

2 hdd if already old some times it put you cpu to 100% all the time

0 Likes