Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kuba0301
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 idle and stress temperatures too high

Hi!
I've finally got my new PC and i seem to have a problem. My CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) temperature is way too high comparing to my old cpu (i5 7400). On my old RIG temperatures while browsing the internet never got higher than 45°C,  and on my new computer it heats up to even 65 °C with like 10% CPU usage. Average temperature after 1 hour of normal usage  is 49 °C, I use stock BOX cooler and the tempartures seem to be really high. After 15 minutes of OCCT stress test my R5 3600 hovered around 82-83°C without turbo mode on working at 3900 mhz. Is it normal or am i paranoic. My MOBO is MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX. Pictures with temps, voltages and freq after 15 minutes of testing.mhz.png
temp.png
volt.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Those temperatures are fine please do not worry. 

For your reference here is a link to the Ryzen 3600X product page where it states the maximum temperature limit is 95C, which you are well below under a worst case scenario. 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-3600

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Yes these Ryzen chips do run hotter than the Intel ones so you don't need to worry.

They regularly spike up in temperature too.

An average of 49c and 83c during stress testing is absolutely fine.

The stress test is a synthetic one so it really does push the CPU temperature higher than normal usage.

What are your temperatures like during gaming?

Andy

I've tested the CPU playing Rainbow 6 Siege on maxed out settings. After 1,5h of playing multiplayer mode the cpu max temp was 73c. It usually hovered around 69-73 just spiking from time to time. What is the safe temperature while gaming?

0 Likes

kuba0301 wrote:

I've tested the CPU playing Rainbow 6 Siege on maxed out settings. After 1,5h of playing multiplayer mode the cpu max temp was 73c. It usually hovered around 69-73 just spiking from time to time. What is the safe temperature while gaming?

Ryzen thermal throttle is 105C if I recall, so you are fine there

0 Likes
joefuss75
Adept II

Looks OK to me, under heavy loads like that these chips are meant to run relatively hot.   AMD push these chips to the max.  If it really bothers you , you can get a halfway decent 3rd party cooler, it did help somewhat lower the temps on my 3600x.   But on the stock cooler, i'd say you're doing pretty good there.

0 Likes

Internet search shows large Silicon rectifiers (2000 Amperes) offered, specified for 180C environment (internal temperature is even higher).  The ultimate internal temperature for a Silicon device is dependent on many factors but a typical modern implementation is maximum of 200C.  Experiments have shown ability to run a silicon device at 500C.  AMD is not pushing their silicon at 95C.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I do not use the AMD OEM thermal material. I use Arctic MX-4 and my CPU is colder than the antarctic of late. Evidently there was widespread news of an unusual warm day on the bottom of the planet.

I  use a tiny dot of MX-4 and put my OEM fan on the unit, power up and work. Thermal pumping spreads the MX-4 for me over the course of a few weeks with the machine on and off with standby when I sleep etc.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Those temperatures are fine please do not worry. 

For your reference here is a link to the Ryzen 3600X product page where it states the maximum temperature limit is 95C, which you are well below under a worst case scenario. 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-3600

Lord_Voldemort
Journeyman III

I have a Lenovo prebuilt (Ideacentre G14AMR05 - 90Q0HN) with a Ryzen 5 - 3600 and a GTX 1650 Super single fan in it. It seems to run at about 64 degrees at idle (Observed via Ryzen Master) and gets like 83 degrees while playing CSGO at 1080p Ultra. Although i noticed a difference between the temps shown by Ryzen Master and MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server, it was simply too high for a happy Ryzen which has dual channel 16Gb 3200Mhz memory not to mention the beefy cooler with 3 copper heat pipes. 
Even stranger, is that it still maintains about 3.9 Ghz to 4.15 Ghz at 86 degrees
Is there any solution to it? Or is it another problem caused by OEM class bloatware and BIOS defaults? 
Note - the bios in this prebuilt doesn't allow you to do anything much..

Lord_Voldemort_0-1631275045917.png

Temps at near idle (Only one tab of Brave running this website) 

0 Likes
Abdo-Fattoh
Journeyman III

overclock dis cpu making it much better believe dat

4.4ghz all cores at   1.250v volt  ok

more Proformance less heat tested with cpu-z 

0 Likes