cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vaas47
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600, Got BSoD

Hi, i just build my PC and it got alot of BSoD..

After update most of the driver especially the chipset driver it calm down.

But, sometimes it still happen and its random...

I already memtest the ram too and all clear so its not ram issue..

Can someone help me?

Here is the minidump

minidump.rar - Google Drive 

Windows 10 1903

Ryzen 5 3600

32gb Trident Z 3200mhz CL15

Aorus X470 Gaming 5 Wifi Bios f50

RTX 2070s 8gb

XPG 512gb sx8200

Samsung 860 EVO 1tb

Seasonic Prime 750w Gold

Incase you need this :pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
27 Replies
irisena
Journeyman III

Try to reflash yout BIOS. I had similar issue with mine, and after 2 BIOS reflash, the BSOD stopped. If the reflash from your mobo rear IO don't solve it, try to reflash from your case front IO

0 Likes
vaas47
Journeyman III

Hi irisena, i just found from my MB got a new update BIOS f51d and i just update it. I'll keep update if there are more BSoD. Thanks!

0 Likes
mccharle
Elite

hello Vaas47,

have you ADATA and SAMSUNG nvme drivers & utilities installed ?

0 Likes
vaas47
Journeyman III

Hi mccharle,

yes i already have both utilities and it said already the latest firmware.

0 Likes
vaas47
Journeyman III

I just got a couple BSoD again, this time its 0x139 kernel_security_check_failure.

here is the minidump i got:

minidump.rar - Google Drive 

can someone help me read this minidump?

0 Likes

hello vaas47,

on your second dump you have:

PROCESS_NAME:  audiodg.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

on the two over dumps:

PROCESS_NAME:  System

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

For me, perhaps the audio drivers are broken, internal Realtek or NVIDIA video card have one try to uninstall them completely.

Install AMD chipset drivers 2.04 from AMD website and after latest NVIDIA video drivers from NVIDIA website.

Good luck

Hi mccharle,

I already update the chipset 2.04 again for the second time now and it seems it does the job.

No BSoD for 3 days, but today when i trying to configure my curve fan speed with gigabyte software SIV after done configuring boom BsoD again lol.

This time APC Index Mismatch, i guess it got to do with SIV software i guess?

Anyway here is the minidump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zhWFZdnCF-pr59yZE-_PH9Kkzm-LdQjb/view?usp=sharing 

Thanks from before, cheers!

0 Likes

the link doesn't works.

I stay on my first idea, audio device driver issue. APC Index Mismatch sometimes is also a drivers issue, most of the time it's the realtek.

Uninstall all sound drivers, and install the latest from station-drivers.com, the "Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.8x (8924.1) WHQL".

I'm waiting for the good link to see your latest dump.

0 Likes

I found the driver from Realtek website but the last update 2017 so im not sure it was the latest driver.

Here is the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zhWFZdnCF-pr59yZE-_PH9Kkzm-LdQjb 

0 Likes

Realtek website stop to publish new drivers since 2017. Now we need to check motherboard manufacturer but it's not all time up to date

The best solution is to download them from

station-drivers.com / drivers / realtek / audio / Realtek High Definiton Audio (HDA/UAD) / and select one of this option

• / Drivers (UAD) / Gigabyte / Realtek HD Audio (UAD) Drivers Version R2.8x (8945.1) WHQL (Gigabyte)
  • or / Drivers (HDA) / Windows 7/8/8.1/10 & 20xx Server / Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.8x (8924.1) WHQL

On Gigabyte website it's an old audio drivers [6.0.8854.1].

Dump file :

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico+1fe

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe

IMAGE_VERSION:  10.0.18362.836

STACK_COMMAND:  .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  1fe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x1_SysCallNum_1452_nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico

OS_VERSION:  10.0.18362.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  19h1_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {5053b3ec-082e-4f27-053a-1f0856c2c921}

ntkrnlmp.exe error...

Try,

In the search field located in the task bar, enter the command "mdsched" or search for "Windows Memory Diagnostics" to test Windows memory.

Select and restart, once on Memory Diagnostic Tools, press F1, select Extended, Cache select ON and press F10 to apply.

It's take a while but very useful.

Good luck

0 Likes

Hi,

I just done updating the latest realtek software plus the windows to ver. 1909, while doing it got couple of BSoD lol.

I also done running Windows Memory Diagnostics which it took about full 1 day to finish < bloody hell.

For now I'm gonna wait and using it daily basis to check if the system is balance.

Here is the minidump if you want to know:

minidump_17-05.rar - Google Drive 

0 Likes

one dump have epfwwfp.sys crash, is one of ESET software’s system files. I have Eset since 10 years and never seen this crash. Try to uninstall it completely :

[KB2289] Uninstall ESET manually using the ESET uninstaller tool 

ntkrnlmp.exe crash on the overs two dumps.

Windows Memory Diagnostics ran for 1 day without any crash ?

0 Likes

yes it ran for 1 day without any crash

I got no BSoD from my last update (I'm very Happy) until now (Not so happy).

this time is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

052520-8484-01.rar - Google Drive 

0 Likes

SYMBOL_NAME:  win32kfull!xxxRealSleepThread+2c3

MODULE_NAME: win32kfull

IMAGE_NAME:  win32kfull.sys

IMAGE_VERSION:  10.0.18362.836

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xffffd701cd286930 ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  2c3

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x3B_c0000005_STACKPTR_ERROR_win32kfull!xxxRealSleepThread

To many errors, never the same.

Try to make an USB key with Memtest86, once you get BSOD, reboot and boot from USB key. Use cache test ON with Memtest86.

Try another PSU, voltage fluctuation maybe.

Make an USB key live Linux to check if Windows drivers are faulty.

For your NVIDIA video card, what is the driver version ?

0 Likes

This is the first time i got this kind BSoD.

It happens when I'm listening some music and using discord with my friend and than Baamm! BSoD.

But i already Memtest86 before and it shows no problem.

My NVIDIA Driver is 445.87.

0 Likes

vaas47 wrote:

This is the first time i got this kind BSoD.

It happens when I'm listening some music and using discord with my friend and than Baamm! BSoD.

But i already Memtest86 before and it shows no problem.

My NVIDIA Driver is 445.87.

try the windows 10 memory check overnight

0 Likes

already done too, it took full 1 day just to complete, shows no problem.

0 Likes

vaas47 wrote:

already done too, it took full 1 day just to complete, shows no problem.

who's RTX 2070?

0 Likes

Palit Jetstream

0 Likes

clean install of windows and it still BSODs

guess you have to wait for a new driver or windows update

try the hot fix driver

demonak
Journeyman III

try set cpu offset voltage +0.05v or enable PBO

0 Likes

I abandoned trying to use my X470 with my R5 3600 and went to X570 which makes the CPU run far better.

0 Likes

is it really that bad using R5 3600 with x470? before i build this pc im thinking about getting x570, but the price are really expensive so i bought x470 just for half price of x570.

0 Likes

On my MSI X470 with the R5 3600 I was not able to enable UEFI or secure boot. 

Memory was also tricky let alone video cards.

Right now I have 2x8GB DDR4-2400 on that board that is stable.

0 Likes

Ouch... that was sucks.

In my case i think its more in chipset stability, because it just run fine in UEFI.

When entering windows and start to its thing from the first time it goes BSoD lol, it keeps going until i try update its chipset driver.

I got this issue for over 2 month, i was so desperate because the windows forum really sucks, the advisor always left the matter unsolved even i almost buy a new set of Cpu and MB.

0 Likes

vaas47 wrote:

Ouch... that was sucks.

In my case i think its more in chipset stability, because it just run fine in UEFI.

When entering windows and start to its thing from the first time it goes BSoD lol, it keeps going until i try update its chipset driver.

I got this issue for over 2 month, i was so desperate because the windows forum really sucks, the advisor always left the matter unsolved even i almost buy a new set of Cpu and MB.

It has been a real nuisance with RAM and video cards to get working for a given AM4 motherboard.

AMD does not like my research. What gives with that I wonder.

0 Likes
mccharle
Elite

hello Vaas47,

have you KB4556799 update installed, many people reporting issues like yours since may early.

0 Likes