cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

geroxir
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 Frequency Problem+RAM

Hi all, I have a problem with Ryzen 5 3600 on motherboard b450 tomahawk max with 7C02v36 bios. on AGESA ComboAm4PI 1.0.0.5. My frequency drops from 3.6 or 4.2 to 500 MHz or less. When the CPU frequency drops at the same time, also my RAM frequency. I tried a lot to fix what was written on other topics or on the Internet.
I note that the drop problem always occurs after installing the AMD driver for RX 5700 XT, when my resolution jumps from 1024 (standard windows without driver resolution) to normal, which I use 4k or 1080p resolution, the frequency will go up and down. After uninstalling, the GPU driver works fine again, but I can't play without graphics drivers, so I need them. but when the drivers are installed, the system fixes it after 1-2 minutes, just flash 1 time for black screen for 2 seconds, then everything changes normally, the frequency remains stable and so on. (it's like switching any mode in Windows and then working again)

So it has to be more than any problem with energy saving options or something.

I tried to fix it:
1. Reinstall Windows
2. Install the latest Chipset for AM4
3. 1usmus power options
4. Overclocking the processor to stable voltage

5. change regedit power option + disable quick launch option in Windows

6. I changed the CPU cooler to another one because I thought it might be a problem, but not.
7. Reset the bios to the defaults.

B450 computer specifications
Tomahawk MAX
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700 XT ASUS TUF
Enermax Liqmax III RGB 240
mm D432GB 3600-19D Ripjaws K2 GSK
Seasonic GX 650W

0 Likes
3 Replies

The design speed for Ryzen 3000 processors is DDR4-3200.

Faster memory can be a problem for the CPU when the internal infinity bus timing is off.

I use G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 32GB and my rig runs games well.

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Those memory settings look weird.

184mHz NB frequency

3 to 53 FSB:DRAM ratio

0 Likes
geroxir
Journeyman III

The topic can bei close. I found a problem , was a crash from GPU and some setting in BIOS for  save energy,c my cpu and ram works fine on max speed without issue

0 Likes