cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

0rang3mans
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 fps shown as 200+ but is obviously around 20fps

Im having a weird issue with a new CPU. I replaced my ryzen 3 2200g with a Ryzen 5 3600 and have been having strange stuttering and lagging. With my ryzen 3 2200g I could run cs at 90fps constantly. With the Ryzen 5 3600 my fps counter says im getting 200+ but my screen is laggy and looks to be at around 20fps. Im not sure what to do ive changed some settings in group editor based on what another person did but it didnt help. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

I tried to record it using AMDs recording software but it came out fine when I re watch it.

Test - YouTube 

0 Likes
1 Reply
casper40
Journeyman III

Hi 

Sucks when you buy something better and it performs worse eh.   Have you checked to see if your motherboard bios is up to date to accept the new cpu? I’d expect a boot error but you never know 

i had the problem you are describing but it ended up being ram compatibility problem.  My frame rate was high but it felt like it was running at 10fps and my mouse was completely inaccurate. 

I experimented in changing the ram speed and was gob smacked the difference it made to stability.  My motherboard was setting the ram at 2667 when the actual speed was 3000mhz.  XMP would set the value correct but the problem still existed.  Change ram and fixed

0 Likes