Kingston A2000 250GB

Crucial P1 1TB

It's the second time I get the following error while gaming (2-3 hours gaming):

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 8

I am not overclocking neither the CPU or the GPU. The RAM is using the A-XMP profile 1.

The highest temperature I get while playing is 72 Celsius on the CPU. I tested the RAM use Memtest and no errors were found.

Is this a faulty CPU?

The motherboard is currently updated with the latest driver available.

44 Replies

Friends,

I need to report that what I least imagined could be the problem with WHEA and from time to time the Cache Hierarchy Error error actually materialized and with the information collected here and on the MSI forum, in addition to friendly people who helped in this process, I managed to solve my problem.
Unfortunately I had to buy new memories. They were really to blame. Not that there were any problems with them. No. They are great memories and work well, but in systems approved for them. It was for my MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM, but not for the MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91) Bios 7C91v140 Mainboard. IT'S!
I bought 2 modules of the XPG Spectrix D60G RGB 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL17 memories - AX4U360038G17-ST60. These are listed in the QLV for the mainboard. Everything stable, stable. I no longer have the problem of WHEA ID 18. And really from what I see and I was already a little suspicious, it could only be memories.

I advise you to validate your memory with the system, if it is in QLV, in the compatibility list of your mainboard.

Of course, there may be several other related problems, as each person's situation is different due to their settings. The more we list solutions, the more they help others who are experiencing similar problems.

I want to thank everyone who helped with information.

PS: The only problem I have and this one is well located, are with these poorly defined VGA drivers. Expecting AMD to make available a more current version and with the greatest number of corrections of these problems that plague us. The game crashes and returns to the desktop.

[ AMD Ryzen 7 5700X (step B2) | CM MASTERLIQUID PL360 FLUX | MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI - 7C91v1G | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz XPG SPECTRIX | MSI GeForce RTX 4060 GAMING X 8G 8GB GDDR6 ]
0 Likes

Do you have BIOS option "Above 4G Encoding" turned on?

I recently tested whether this option worked on my configuration. When I turned it on, all worked for some time. But suddenly I started to get "Bus/Interconnect Error" and then two consecutive "Cache Hierarchy Error", every 45-50 minutes.

Turning off "Above 4G Encoding" resolved all problems.

I think it's worth to check out the state of this option.

0 Likes
iWB
Journeyman III

had this issue but managed to find a solution. it has something to do with HWinfo doing things it shouldn't. uninstall/update hwinfo. personally, I suggest uninstalling so you dint run into this issue later.

0 Likes

where did you find HWinfo?

I am getting this annoying issue as well.

Ryzen5 3600
Aorous B450 Elite
Aorous RAM 2*8 Gig 3200
RX 5600 XT

0 Likes

• HWinfo is a 3rd party app. If you've never downloaded it then it probably isn't the one causing issues. It could be power delivery which is a common issue with these 3600 CPUs. You can try disabling core 6 I think and it might resolve your issue. 
0 Likes