Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 Fatal hardware error - Cache Hierarchy Error

I am also having this issue however I have a 3700X and an nVidia RTX 2070 super GPU. Although mine does not occur very often. It happened 5 days ago and then again today with the same error OP listed in event viewer albeit mine had different APIC ID's

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi there I am having the same issue. My setup is a 3700X with an nVidia RTX 2070 Super. Also for me it seems to happen a lot less then the others on this forum. It happened once 5 days ago and again today. Event viewer shows the same error as the OP but with different APIC ID numbers.

I have run Prime95 for 1 hour and got zero errors. My BIOS and chipset drivers are already up to date. 

I just did DDU and also changed the PCIe power management for the Ryzen Balanced power plan to disabled. I'm yet to find out whether or not these will have fixed the issue or not though since it rarely occurs. One other thing to note is that it doesn't happen to me when gaming. The first time it happened my computer was locked, asleep and not in use. The second time it happened I had just woken the PC and entered my pin to unlock the computer. So maybe its somehow related to sleep or locking/unlocking the computer? I'm not really sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It just happened again. Rebooted with the same error. So those fixes did not help unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I am out of suggestions. If you want, more have been discussed in the thread: https://community.amd.com/message/2991171 

0 Kudos