gkp_anurag
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 does not boot

Hi Team,

I have below configurations:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • GSkill Ripjaws 3200 Mhz (8 GB *2)
  • Gigabyte 1650 Super OC Windforce GPU (4 GB)
  • Gigabyte B700H PSU
  • Coolermaster MB511 case
  • WD Green SSD 500GB
  • WD Blue HDD 1 TB
  • Two additional case fan chiptronix

This is 5 month old build and was running smoothly until yesterday when I tried to install new case fab (Ant E Sports RGB).  When I installed the fab and tried to boot the system it does not boot. I don’t see BIOS screen. Case fans runs but don’t show any color. Earlier it use to show red color on boot.

MSI motherboard has EZ LED Debug leds for debugging which says No CPU Detected/Failed.

Can installing a new fab actually kill a CPU. Please let me know how can I debug it further. I don’t have a spare CPU or a spare motherboard.

2 Replies

If everything was working before installing the new Fan what happens when you remove the new Fan?

Does it boot up?

If it does, it is possible the new fan is defective or shorting out the motherboard or somehow is not compatible with the motherboard.

If it doesn't boot up after removing the new fan, it is possible you accidently loosened some Motherboard cable or hardware which is preventing the Motherboard from booting up.

I would remove and install the Processor again on the motherboard and then see if it boots up and is recognized.

This happened to me when I upgraded to Windows 2004 yesterday. My TV Tuner stopped being recognized by Windows and my motherboard. After physically removing the TV Tuner and installing back on again my motherboard and Windows recognized it again and is working normally. Make sure you have power disconnected.

Hi Elstaci,

Yes that FAN has been removed and plugged in the old non RGB fan. Fan runs fine but no boot.

Thanks for the reply. Here are things which i have tried so far:

1. Clear CMOS by shortening JBAT1 for 20 seconds with the help of screw driver on MSI motherboard. No boot.

2. Removed battery for half an hour and plugged it again. No Boot.

3. Used BIOS flash option with help of USB stick and flashed version 7C02v36(latest) and just penultimate 7C02v35. No Boot.

4. While performing step 3, as per MSI we need to remove everything from motherboard including processor, RAM, FAN, SATA etc. So I have tried re installing CPU as well. No Boot.

Although there is no way for me to double check if BIOS update was successful but as per MSI first flash BIOS LED flashes and later stops. In my case it happened both the time, so I am assuming BIOS update was successful.

Thanks,

Anurag

0 Likes