cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

trickveira
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3600 defective after warranty period ends

Hello, my Ryzen 5 3600 processor started to malfunction 2 months after the warranty service ended. And the problems are pretty common for this type of processor, I've seen many people with Ryzen CPU similar to mine with the same problems. The errors are games, apps and installers closing unexpectedly, often leaving logs with the error "access violation" and "access denied" and "0xc0000005". We tested with other memories, system disk, gpu and motherboard, but the errors continue and according to the history of reports and tests, everything indicates that the cpu is defective. The first two digits of the serial number are: 9H. Will AMD still be able to help me? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If your Ryzen Processor is 3 years old from the date of purchase on your receipt than it is out of Warranty. Unless you have some sort of extended Warranty with the Retailer when you purchased the processor.

AMD Warranty is warranted for 3 years from the date of purchase.

No harm in opening a AMD Warranty Request and see if they will honor it. But I doubt it.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If your Ryzen Processor is 3 years old from the date of purchase on your receipt than it is out of Warranty. Unless you have some sort of extended Warranty with the Retailer when you purchased the processor.

AMD Warranty is warranted for 3 years from the date of purchase.

No harm in opening a AMD Warranty Request and see if they will honor it. But I doubt it.

Good luck!

trickveira
Adept I

Thanks for the comment, the warranty has been accepted and the processor has been replaced. The problems stopped.