cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ryzen 5 3600 Crashing during low loads

Hi all,

So about 7 weeks ago I built my first gaming PC. It ran fine for about 4 weeks but would crash randomly every 2-3 days. It would turn off, restart, and run fine for another few days. After about 4 weeks, it died 2x in a row, and got stuck in a boot loop. In the weeks following since then, I've tried literally everything to get it sorted. I've replaced all parts apart from MOBO/PSU, I've clean installed windows/all drivers etc. Nothing seems to have fixed it. 

Here's my IMGUR with a few videos of the different types of errors/screens/crashes I was getting during the boot loop period: https://imgur.com/user/davidsmoth42 

After rebuilding the PC last Friday, the boot looping has stopped and I can now get into my desktop. It seems to only run smoothly when gaming. If I stop gaming, my PC crashes and reboots itself. Currently, I can use the computer for hours when gaming, but if I stop gaming and browse the internet for a short while the PC crashes showing Kernel Power 41 in the event viewer, but with no blue screens. It just turns off and comes straight back on again with no BSoD.

Can anyone advise what the issue might be/how to fix this? I’ve tried calling repair people and no one has been able to help me. I’ve spent about 12,107 hours searching online, YouTube, forums etc, with about 20 Reddit posts and I’m still yet to find any solutions. 

Specs:

• Ryzen 5 3600

• Gigabyte 5700XT OC 8GB

• 2x8 GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance C16

• Corsair TX650M

• B450 Tomahawk Max

• 1TB M.2 SSD.

Things I’ve tried

• Complete rebuild

• Different GPU

• Clean restore Windows

• Remove/Reinstall all drivers

• Different RAM/1 stick/different slots

• Check all connections

• Hard drive health checker

Nothing seems to have fixed it. I thought the motherboard/PSU might have been at fault - but I can play games for many hours with 0 issues at all. The issues only happen when I stop gaming and start doing things that are low load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
18 Replies