cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nicolas_1
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 crashed playing new games

I recently download a couple new games: New World and Call of Duty: Vanguard. When playing them for about an hour my PC crashed and when I rebooted it said "CPU shut down due to high CPU temperatures". So I opened up my PC and found large amounts of dust around the cooler and CPU. I cleaned it out, reapplied thermal paste, booted it back up and all fans were running. I did some research and found out that the max temp for my processor is 95. I then checked my temps, my idle temp is anywhere from 55-65C and when I game it's pushing 70. I haven't played those games because I don't want to damage my computer. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to. 

Motherboard: MPG X570 Gaming Plus

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 super

The cooler I use is the cooler that came with the processor, a lot of my friends think it may be failing but still unsure. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

The Wraith Stealth (assuming you have the non-X 3600) cooler you have is just a simple heatsink, there is nothing to fail except the fan.

Cleaning out all the dust buildup would definitely help things.  I think your idle temp is a bit high, but you didn't mention what your ambient temp is.

The high idle temp could maybe be caused by low fan speeds.  You might want to check your mobo settings and check what fan profile you're running, and try a more aggressive one (or make a custom fan curve).  It could even be that the fan itself is running slower than it's supposed to, so check the fan RPM's.

Plenty of very good choices in aftermarket cooling if you want to spend the money.

So I recently purchased a new master cooler. It seems to be ok. Playing new world right now my cpu temp is at 63. Idling at 45. Still seems slightly high, thoughts? Might get another fan and check RPMS

0 Likes