cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

trentahedron
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU marks on corners (Question)

Hello, I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and noticed there are light marks that end at the corners on top of the cpu, it looks like a heatsink was placed on it. Is this normal? Is it part of the manufacturing and testing process? Or is it used and I should I exchange my cpu while I can? I purchased it online directly from Amazon.

They are very light and hard to see, so these were the best pictures I could get of them. This is my first time building a pc, so I would appreciate the peace of mind in knowing this.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Has the anti tamper seal  been removed or cut? (sticker with a bar code on the box you have to cut to open it) and does the box look like its been tampered with?

Not sure if its been used but i can tell from the pictures that no thermal coumpound has been used on it before (stains from it are noticable on close inspection even if after cleaning) otherwise it looks clean and new to me. 

Really up to you to decide whether you want to return it or test it first and see if everything checks out with it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Has the anti tamper seal  been removed or cut? (sticker with a bar code on the box you have to cut to open it) and does the box look like its been tampered with?

Not sure if its been used but i can tell from the pictures that no thermal coumpound has been used on it before (stains from it are noticable on close inspection even if after cleaning) otherwise it looks clean and new to me. 

Really up to you to decide whether you want to return it or test it first and see if everything checks out with it.

The anti tamper seal wasn't cut until I opened it, so it's probably fine. I tried a little 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove the marks but it didn't work. Will test it. Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Likes
nickjackalson
Adept III

its plastic covers stain

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

its from the manufacturing process used to make the ihs.. run it..

0 Likes