cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rcsverige
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 core clock and temperature fluctuations

I upgraded my PC about 2 months ago to a Ryzen 5 3600, Hyper Evo 212 V2, 16gb corsair ddr4, ASUS Prime B550M-A, and corsair 750w power supply. Today I became a little paranoid about my processor and I am finding nothing but confliction in the answers provided by the community and I am hoping that someone from AMD or someone with extensive knowledge of PCs can actually help. I have noticed for some time that my 3600 will fluctuate in temperature when playing a game like The Witcher 3. Ill hover around 58-60c but sometimes Ill experience jumps to 69-71c for a few moments.... additionally my core clock seems to jump all over the place when I am just idling and browsing the internet (2500ghz-4200ghz). The advice I have been given just doesnt seem right but then again I am very inexperienced with computers (this was my first build). Maybe someone can help to clear my anxiety on this because I cant seem to figure out whether this is typical of a Ryzen CPU or not. Thanks for any support!

0 Likes
1 Reply
chrispl
Adept I

Hi

This is normal behavior. CPU Boost to 4200MHz as is demand, also it causing a temp rise up.

0 Likes