cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ryzen 5 3600 Build crashes constantly. Cannot get through Win10, Win 8.1 or Ubuntu installation

Greetings All: 

I was hoping to get some advice on how to proceed resolving an issue I have been having. I had to RMA my MOBO and Processor a few months ago. Since getting the replacement parts back and installing them I have been plagued with BSODs. It ran fine for a few days but at this point I can't even get through the Win10 installation process without it crashing. ASROCK even RMA'd my mobo a second time. I ran Memtest multiple times with no errors found. Anyone have any advice?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

ASROCK Steel LEgend B550 MOBO with latest Bios

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600mhz 16GB

NVIDIA 770 graphics card (I know I need an update lol scalpers are killing me...)

EVGA 650watt PSU tested OK

WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

It has been difficult to get error logs from the BSODs as I am at the point where I don't even get windows installed but here are some of the errors I have been getting:

-Bunch of IRQ errors

-Resource_not_owned

-Page_fault_in_Nonpaged_area

-System_service_exception win32k.sys

-Kernal errors

Are there any suggested Motherboard tweaks I could make that might help things? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
noblekouta
Adept I

Seeing you sent it to RMA you may want to reset or adjust your Bios configuration. Ensure your RAM is setup with approved speed and timing, and take any overclock to your CPU off until your system is stable. Also if you didn't reapply new thermal paste when putting the system bad together verify your temps are not causing the instability.

0 Likes

Thermal paste is good, temps when I have checked have been around 45 deg C, no overclocks, reset bios to defaults after flashing it with the latest bios update.

0 Likes

Update to my issues. I tried setting my voltage to 1.4 in my motherboard and was able to install windows, chipset drivers, some software, and run some games. Did a stress test with prime95 as well with no issues. I also re-enabled XMP in my motherboard settings. I did have someone respond on my post at /r/asrock saying that 1.4 will burn out my processor. I switched things back to auto and sure enough I had BSODs within minutes of booting up. Below is the whocrashed output.

I switched the voltage to 1.35 as was recommended by a post reply and so far things have been running fine this morning.

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-11QUC50
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASRock, B550 Steel Legend
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17103048704 bytes (15.9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Tue 3/9/2021 7:08:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030921-5656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5A80)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x2, 0xFFFF860190310150, 0xFFFF8601903100A8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 3/9/2021 7:08:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!EtwTraceGreLockAcquireSemaphoreSharedStarveExclusive+0x65)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x2, 0xFFFF860190310150, 0xFFFF8601903100A8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kbase.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

0 Likes