cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mrtopping92
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 blackscreen/freeze reboots

I built my new machine about 2 weeks ago now, I have been having issues with blackscreen reboots/freezes during multiple processes.

I've had crashes while: Idle, light usage & gaming.

Specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600 - Stock Cooler,

MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max

2x 8GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - 3200mhz 16C RAM

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC

Corsair RM650 Modular PSU

1x NVME Drive, 1x SATA M.2, 1x Sandisk 240GB SSD

I thought it was my OC so I turned all the OCs off and I am still having the same issue, I can't tell if my CPU is faulty or if it is another part of my machine. I have spent HOURS doing research trying to find fixes and this is the last straw before I pull the trigger and send this CPU back, I have until the 27th to return it.

The errors I am receiving are as follows:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 13

I have attempted some troubleshooting I have read online but I have had no luck as of yet, all drivers are up to date & MSI Mobo BIOS is up to date also.

Thank you

5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Go to your motherboard's BIOS and give a manuel core voltage to it without OC. The core voltage values of 1.30 and 1.35 are normally high-acceptable vcore values for each processor. Is your processor covered under warranty as it is very unlikely to be damaged? I don't know this, but if manual vcore doesn't fix the problem, you should seek your consumer rights for your motherboard. Some of your processor's cores randomly stop responding. This is definitely a motherboard or OC problem. And it certainly won't show us that your processor isn't working properly.

0 Likes
augustobotossi
Adept III

I had the same problem, and after looking for help in the community, I found out that the Logitech software was conflicting with my setup at some point. It's still early to say it's fixed, but I played for over 10 hours and got no reboots so far. I did a clean Windows install, since this build is only for gaming, and I got good results so far.

Hi sir, I have quick question on APIC ID: 13. I have a meeting with a colleague of mine using my unit (Ry 5 3600) which I build and I install Win10 Pro last Tuesday. After the meeting on Google Meet, I decided to disconnect my webcam (A4tech PK-910H) which is connected from my casing's usb hub and all of a sudden, it rebooted my system and got the same event logger that I have mentioned on my event viewer.

Before I installed Win10, I run stress tests using AIDA64 for 8 hours, Prime95 for 1 hour, and Furmark for 20 minutes to ensure no problem will happen after OS installation. I was unable to encounter any black or frozen screen, stuck at boot, event log IDs and any other issues. I would like to ask if you have any fixes you have done to isolate or resolve the problem. Thank you.

0 Likes

I wish I could be of more help. My situtation is similar to yours, it happens randomly. In my case, I only use the PC for gaming. I don't stream or do any work, only turn it on and play Destiny 2 the majority of the time.

It has been a while since it happened again. I thought it had solved on its own, but last week happened again.

I noticed that it happens usually when I am alt+tabbing too much, between a game, discord and Youtube, and after a GPU driver install/reinstall. I can run all sorts of benchmark software, undervolt the GPU, and nothing happens.

I also noticed that after I install the GPU driver, Destiny 2 gets cluncky and all laggy. If I stop and restart the game, it gets fixed, but if it laggys for some reason during gaming, it will probably reboot the PC. If the PC reboots, the problem stops I won't get reboots again.

0 Likes

Make sure you have the latest board bios and test at defaults. Make sure you install the latest chipset driver. 

Is you memory on the QVL list for your mother board and CPU?

If all that is yes, I would try a CPU RMA or retailer exchange if possible. 

0 Likes