cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mahdj
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 60C Idle

I've bought a new pc and everything is fine except my cpu (Ryzen 5 3600) who is getting really high idle temps (65C at launch) and very near-limit temps at gaming (minimal 80C to 90C). I haven't changed the cooler (Wraith Stealth) and needed to push all my fans to 100% while idle to make the temps lower to around 55C.

Is this normal ? If not is there a way to fix that or the basic cooler is really shitty ?

Also, I don't think that it's cause of my case cause the rest of my components are pretty cold (graphics card 2060 at 40C and 60C while gaming with high graphics).

My build specs :

R5 3600

Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite

DDR4 HyperX Fury - 8 Go (2 x 4 Go) 3200 MHz - CAS 16

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC PRO

Corsair 275R Airflow

0 Likes
3 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

The stock fan should be enough to keep the processor cool.

Expected idle temps should be 15-20C above ambient.

Try remounting your cooler with new thermal paste.

While your doing it take a photo of the old thermal paste as this may show issues with uneven mounting plates mounting pressure etc.

0 Likes

get some arctic MX-4 and clean the OEM paste away, use a very small dab of MX-4 and put the cooler back on

machine should be cooler in operation

0 Likes
mahdj
Journeyman III

Update on my case :

I was going to buy thermal paste and then i figured out something with the AMD Ryzen Master software.

My cpu voltage won't go below 1V even in idle. I really think that the problem come from here (i never had any amd cpu before so maybe it's totally normal). If it's not normal how do i resolve that high voltage when idle?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes