cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gencho983
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 47 Degrees Idle in BIOS

TLDR: Following an upgrade of my CPU I've been experiencing odd higher than normal (to my understanding) idle temps and voltages. I will post screenshots below of my System information window as well as the H/W monitor from the BIOS showing 47 degrees idle temp (in about 19/20 degrees ambient) as well as 1.456V. The settings in BIOS were set back to default from the moment of the upgrade. Only XMP and PBO were enabled. (I've tried disabling PBO, the temps and voltages are still not normal). Also I've included a pic of my case and fans to show that my airflow is far from suboptimal,  so its not the issue.

What do you suggest I do? 

Mobo: 

ASRock AB350M-HDV

BIOS version 5.90

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.png

0 Likes
8 Replies
gencho983
Journeyman III

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.png

0 Likes

Are you using your previous CPU Cooler or the one that came bundled with the CPU, the AMD Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler?

The Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler is the weakest of all the Wraith CPU Coolers. but adequate enough to keep your CPU from overheating but it will run hotter than normal under moderate or heavy loads.

If you are using the AMD Stealth CPU Cooler that is probably normal temps. What are they when under moderate or heavy loads?

The maximum operating temperature of your 3600 is 95c with a TDP rating of 65 Watts.

I upgraded myself to a 3700X with the same Thermal specs as your processor and I needed to use dual fans on my CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO to keep my CPU temperatures below 60c at all times under any loads.

0 Likes

Yes, I am using the Wraith Stealth. Under load like games it reaches 65C +/- 2 degrees. 

My question is why is it like that in UEFI BIOS.

47 degrees and 1.456V. Isn't day to day use above 1.4V detrimental to the longevity of the CPU?

0 Likes

What does Ryzen Master show when you are on Windows Desktop at idle.

Googling the 3600 vCore voltage of 1.4 came up with many Users asking the same question as you are asking.

0 Likes

gencho983_0-1670769600260.png

0 Likes

Your CPU is showing normal Core voltages according to Ryzen Master:

Peak Core Voltage- 1.4194 (1.42)

Average Core Voltage - 1.35784 (1.36)

From the above Data, it seems the highest voltage it fluctuated too was 1.42 volts which is normal.

Run another Monitoring software like HWinfo and see what it Minimum and Maximum core voltages are.

0 Likes

gencho983_0-1670775728860.png

0 Likes

It goes to nearly 1.5v

0 Likes