cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kcabe1
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3550H: Does this processor support MMX? Says so on CPU-Z but a game I'm trying to run says it needs mmx. Works on mmx emulator.

I'm not sure why, but my game I'm trying to run, Cabelas 4x4 Off Road Adventure says that I need MMX to run the game. I looked on CPU-Z and under supported instructions, it states it supports MMX(+) so I don't know whats going on. Please help me get this game running. The game was created in 2001, and here are the requirements:

Windows(r) 95, Windows 98 or Windows NT 2000
DirectX8
Pentium MMX 166+, 64 MB RAM
SVGA 2MB RAM, high color, 16-bit (3D Accelerator recomended)
8x CD-ROM drive
Windows-compatible sound card (DirectX 8)
Mouse, keyboard

I tried using PCEM, Which emulates old hardware, and the game ran on it.

4 Replies
kcabe1
Adept I

Please help. 

0 Likes

Download CPUz from here: CPUID 

It will show all the information on your CPU and what instruction sets it supports. 

Just know with many old games you can get errors that are not necessarily why it is not running today. 

A quick internet search and I easily find that this is a game that will not run under a modern os. Most that get it running do it with virtual machines.

Here is one page talking about this:  I got Cabela's 4x4 OffRoad Adventure 3 working! :D 

0 Likes

I wanted to add that I could not verify for sure as I didn't have one of these chips to verify at work but did when I got home. MMX is supported how that translates into the error you get with that old game is likely unrelated. 

0 Likes

I got it to run in an mmx emulator using pc-em emulator, but it runs so badly on there so I’m looking for a long term solution. It does not work on virtualbox windows xp either. If I can mask my cpu and make the game think that I have the proper cpu, that should work, but I’ve tried that already. Thank you so much for helping me out.