cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Wanted1
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3500x way too hot

Hello, i'm new into amd processors and i have a problem of temps with my ryzen 5 3500x, I know that Ryzen boosts make the temps have a lot of variation but here i am with around 45 - 60 c in idle and it reaches the 90c only after a few minutes in game ( tested Witcher 3 to make a good stress). I tested to replace the thermal paste to see if it was a problem with the instalation or air bubbles in the paste but it didn't change anything. Has someone more information about this ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
FD89
Adept II

Hi !

I've got a similar problem with my 3900X by changing my cooler my CPU running much cooler now( Noctua NH-D9 to NH-D15S) . What kind of cooler/case are you using ? 

0 Likes

I'm using a bitfenix nova case and i'm using the wraith stealth stock cooler, i just builded  my pc last week. What temps are you hitting now?

0 Likes

Have you tried CPU undervolting

Restart your PC,choose the trouble shoot  -   advanced options  -  UEFI Firmware setting  - restart 

after enter the BIOS Motherboard setting  - CPU core voltage  and you can lower the  voltage for a temperature optimization.

You can also limit your CPU performance from 100% to 99%  in the system settings

0 Likes