cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

abrichter
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3500x temperatures

Hello. This is my first time using an AMD processor after using Intel in my old computer for 8 years and I'm quite anxious about its temperatures. I'm worried that I might damage or reduce the lifespan of the processor and its nearby components. Are these temperatures normal under the load of one browser, one game, and Steam downloading in the background? I am also using the stock CPU cooler. 

95890741_3615896945090565_6417369172509982720_n.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies
mccharle
Elite

Hello abrichter,

when you are idle what is the temp ?

You have stock cpu cooler, have you check thermal past ?

When you lock cpu cooler, to you force a little or it's very easy ?

CPU Fans speeds are on silent or active mode on bios ?

Power schema on windows is AMD Balanced or AMD High perf ?

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers 2.04 ?

0 Likes

Ok if I read correctly you are using the stock cooler and you get those temps from AIDA64? while having a browser open with steam DL  in the BG while playing a game all at the same time?

If the answer is yes, then yes, those are somewhat normal, last one is max and that could be a spike of a few seconds, the middle one is the one to key on 71, now having said that, they are a little high that was the somewhat part, but nothing to worry about they can go up to 95 but like I always do in my head I set max at 5 less so for me max is 90 if it get's close to that then I start looking to see what's going on.
Just like you I like to see them around 60's while underload but since I also like it quiet I let it get to 75 and then the fan curve get's a bit aggressive to cool it quick but then go back silent.
So then let me ask you:
What case do you have, does it have good airflow?
Is the air path clear that the cpu cooler gets enough fresh air?
Does it have at least a good AF exhaust fan?
Enough fans in the case?
If you have lots of fans, is the airflow right, is it positive or negative pressure and is the flow set correctly?
Remember these also affect the performance and most of all temps and sometimes we forget about them.
Hope it helps you in some way.

0 Likes

72°C in idle or with CPU load <5% I think it's a bit high, with cpu load <5% we expect temp < 50°C.

If CPU load is higher like 70%, I'm OK for 72°C, but only with a web browser open, he is surfing on website mining crypto on hidden background perhaps.

0 Likes

Hi I was looking for this discussion as well because I am having the same issue. I have changed my cooler to an air cooler with 4 heat pipes system and one fan. but to no avail. the idle temperature rests around 60 - 67 Celsius. I have tried many solutions I found but nothing have worked. my motherboard is asrock b550m pro4.  on full load it stays around 78-81 Celsius but the high idle temp created lower performance so I am really confused.  

0 Likes

Good day (late to the party I know)

I have an R5 3500X that idle at 36C and full load at 4.1Ghz 70C max on stress test with aida64.

I am using a 120mm Cooler Master AIO that keeps the beast tamed.

Pc specs:
CPU: R5 3500X
MB: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
RAM: 16GB KLEVV 2666
SSD: TRANCEND 512GB 3200 read 2800 write
PSU: RAIDMAX 700 80+ BRONZE
CASE: RAIDMAX T25

GPU... well there is a story for another day still using old one as i am saving for new one darn expensive 

0 Likes

How come mine idle at 65 c Minimum and 79-85 C. should I try AIO?

0 Likes
F4thunn4718
Journeyman III

me too,, :mansad:

hw.png

0 Likes